Have you ever been treated for an emotional illness?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    IF YOU SAY "NO" when it should have been "yes" ....

.... you MAY end up with NO license, EVER. There is a kind of new question, about 8 years old on the questionnaire. It made me think. and I said "yes", but it took my Congressman to help get my pinkie. EBG.
    I just applied for my LTCH online and they asked about being treated for an psychiatric, emotional or mental illness.

I had mild post-partum depression after having my son 3 years ago, so technically the answer to that question was "yes", but UGH, that's embarrassing. Will anyone else admit to answering "yes" to this question - and did you have any trouble with your permit?

I'm going to have to submit docs from my counselor saying that she thinks it's ok for me carry, and I'm certain that won't be a problem... Lovely that I have to admit this... but I guess I see why they ask. :rolleyes:

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    As a mental health professional, I see no reason why someone with an episode of PPD as you describe should be prevented from getting a LTCH. My guess is that the extra time is consisting of someone at the State verifying the licensure of your Dr, and looking to see if there were any involuntary commitments. From what you have shared, I would have come to the same conclusion as your Dr. I hope your LTCH comes in soon.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    I got my LTCH a few months back.

Congrats, welcome to the club...and CARRY ON! :rockwoot:

I still haven't actually carried anywhere

When your ready to start carrying, post up a thread about it...there are a lot of gals on this forum with many many different ways to carry. Sometimes it's just finding the right fit for you that will get you carrying all the time. Also, the Ladies Training opportunities really help build confidence and skill. Congrats Sister!

Top Bottom