Have faith brothers .223 ammo is coming back, and going down!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snavelybob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    I've been approached by a few friends with buyers remorse on thousands!!!! Of rnds of ammo !!! And my go to shops, are stocking and dropping ... Keep your chin up. And your bankroll thick.. :)

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Some people probably did overspend - others will continue to do so. I can't live with myself shooting .223 for what it costs now, so I wait. But I wont hold my breath.

I've had to talk people away from the ledge. I know two people that have lots of disposable cash that want what they want - when they want it - and will buy it when they see it.

I can't do that. But I try to talk them into just waiting it out and not to waste their money - but they still just want to find out who will take their money.

Snavelybob

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    I went to a gun show, I heard a lady say " people really think ammo is gonna go down!!!" I just laughed to myself to avoid a conflict, the prices haven't changed, retail is still retai!!! The sellers with surplus are gouging us!! And will till we chill... It's sickening.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    it helps that its cold outside. don't shoot as much.
    what's the price of .223 now? i have disbelief that it'll drop below .50 a round ever again..

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    This week I went to a local shop and and the .223 I bought was up $3 a box from the last time I bought this brand six weeks ago. I don't see it coming down in price locally.

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Cant say that I agree with the statement if you monitor whats still rolling on the sites around. The whole "gunbot" program really screwed things up and there are aton of guys buying and flipping ammo to the mindless masses.
    One good thing is that Cabelas started to limit people, so no mass buys by guys anymore.
    I will agree however that some items are staying up for sale longer then they did last month, so maybe there is some hope.
    I for one will not pay the .50 cpr for .223 and will shoot less if I have to.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I have some hope, Sportsmen Guide honored a pre-crazy price on some back-ordered PMC .223, was suppose to ship in late Jan., then late July, showed up on Monday evening.

katfishinking

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    southwestern ind.
    a local store in southwestern in. had wolf .223 for under 6 bucks a box. I found out to late to get any myself, but it is encouraging to know its still out there. as stated before, hold on to your cash, and chill. prices will normalize as soon as people quit feeding the frenzie.

brute69

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2013
    Lucky gunner always has it for about .90 a round, not cheap but better than the 1.70 I've seen

Enthusiast

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    An ammo shortage should be expected considering the record breaking sales of firearms over the last few years. Many 1st time gun owners are trying to build their reserves of ammo to go along with their newly purchased weapons.
    When I acquire a gun of a caliber I've not owned before, it only makes sense to build an ample supply of ammo to feed it.
    Sadly, many have purchased guns out of fear and not for love of the sport or an understanding of the ramifications of responsible ownership. They might own them but are unlikely to actually go out and become proficient with them. In years to come, there will be so much old ammo and so many almost new firearms available that the price points will likely fall dramatically. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Tonto is giving instructions on the proper techniques of the bow and arrow.

Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Heading to the range to sight in a new build tomorrow. Going to bittersweet, excited to shoot but gonna cringe each round. I could breath easier if I could just get bulk bullets to reload.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I've been approached by a few friends with buyers remorse on thousands!!!! Of rnds of ammo !!! And my go to shops, are stocking and dropping ... Keep your chin up. And your bankroll thick.. :)

That's what they said after the 2008 panic buy, too. Prices went down a little, but never anywhere near as low as they were before the panic.

I've picked up 400 rounds of brass cased in the last week at $0.35/rd.

That's about right for retail.....:yesway:

it helps that its cold outside. don't shoot as much.
    what's the price of .223 now? i have disbelief that it'll drop below .50 a round ever again..

.35/round was 2008 panic-buy prices and people called it gouging at the time. Now, we're so used to it that we call it "correct retail pricing". I agree that you won't likely see it for less than .50/round going forward except in rare circumstances.

Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    That's what they said after the 2008 panic buy, too. Prices went down a little, but never anywhere near as low as they were before the panic.

.35/round was 2008 panic-buy prices and people called it gouging at the time. Now, we're so used to it that we call it "correct retail pricing". I agree that you won't likely see it for less than .50/round going forward except in rare circumstances.

Kinda like gas huh. We get $3 a gallon and think we're getting a steal lol. Agree though we will never see pre panic pricing

trophy hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    southern indiana
    instead of buying .223 (which i still have a pile), i just bought a new reloading press and the componants.. i have had a stash of powder and bullets since the last panic, i knew another panic would happen.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom