Has anyone used a cash for cars type of place?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    part it out yourself if you have the time . if it has good parts its worth a try , converter , battery and wheels are worth a good penny.. best of luck getting rid of it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    part it out yourself if you have the time . if it has good parts its worth a try , converter , battery and wheels are worth a good penny.. best of luck getting rid of it.

If you have ever parted out a car/SUV/truck it is a big mess and time consuming. Seriously not worth the few extra dollars you may get for the mess.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    If you were closer I'd consider buying it from you a bit better than scrap to swap engines and flip but I don't think there'd be enough money left in it, would probably break even.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    If you were closer I'd consider buying it from you a bit better than scrap to swap engines and flip but I don't think there'd be enough money left in it, would probably break even.
    Yep, everyone is wanting too much for 5.4s. That dang cash for clunkers killed the supply of them. My friend owns a salvage yard and he bought 300 SUVs for $100 each in the Cash 4 clunkers, unfortunately the motors were toast!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yep, everyone is wanting too much for 5.4s. That dang cash for clunkers killed the supply of them. My friend owns a salvage yard and he bought 300 SUVs for $100 each in the Cash 4 clunkers, unfortunately the motors were toast!

Finding a decent used engine these days is tough. Too many miles on most them. Remember....they are in the junk yard for a good reason. If they still ran they would be on the street.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    Finding a decent used engine these days is tough. Too many miles on most them. Remember....they are in the junk yard for a good reason. If they still ran they would be on the street.

I would actually find a lot of Gems at his place, it was just off of I57 & I80 a little ways. He always had tons of interstate roll-overs, rear ends etc. The best deal I've seen him get was $400 on a brand new 2009 Infiniti QX56, it was rear-ended, new bumper, new tail lights, new exhaust, light bondo & paint and he had a beautiful SUV for well under $5k. Those kind of things were not common, he did get off-road toys all the time in running condition though.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I would actually find a lot of Gems at his place, it was just off of I57 & I80 a little ways. He always had tons of interstate roll-overs, rear ends etc. The best deal I've seen him get was $400 on a brand new 2009 Infiniti QX56, it was rear-ended, new bumper, new tail lights, new exhaust, light bondo & paint and he had a beautiful SUV for well under $5k. Those kind of things were not common, he did get off-road toys all the time in running condition though.

Being hooked up with the towing company I mentioned up thread we always got smoking deals. Buy a rear end hit and then a front end would show up. Buy it. Cut the body's and weld them back together using the best frame of the 2. Buddy was set up for all this and had the ability to pull miner frame damage. We would do all the body work and paint-em ourselves. Many ran for years and we never had issue.
    That is a but load of work and the new cars are not that easy to deal with these days.

Top Bottom