• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I bought some to see how it performs in my Tikka CTR. Grabbed 220rds. I'm not expecting 1/2 moa but figured I MIGHT be able to get consistent 3/4 from it. If I could then I would be ahead spending $1/rd on it. I could definitely work up a load with what components I have for less money per round but would eventually need to replenish the powder at the current inflated price. Which would put me almost at the same cost as this AAC

Last edited:

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I don't use AAC, too many reports of hangfire/low charge rounds and issues from friends and internets. I know it's cheap but guns and fingers are expensive.
    This is a first for me. I know there was some issues in the beginning with the 5.56 OTM stuff. It was sent back and studied and fixed. I've never heard any negative feedback on the 308. I believe the issues with the 5.56 was bullet fragmentation and keyholing

Jarvitron

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 12, 2023
    Indianapolis
    This is a first for me. I know there was some issues in the beginning with the 5.56 OTM stuff. It was sent back and studied and fixed. I've never heard any negative feedback on the 308. I believe the issues with the 5.56 was bullet fragmentation and keyholing
    Yeah no experience with the 308, and all my anecdotal is from the early 300 blackout subs/supers. Just put a bad taste in my mouth. Squibs are scary and annoying in equal measure. Bullets disintegrating out the barrel is... next level.

That said, there is no way I could beat their price per round unless wasting time in the basement somehow allowed me to claim a carbon offset.

Top Bottom