• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MT60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2014
    Stroh
    I realize this is an older thread, but I figure if I'm reading them others are too. I carry a Para P10-45 which is a double stack gun with a 3" barrell. The wider butt does make concealment more difficult, but the more I carry the more I agree with previous posters that most folks are completely clueless of that there are responsibly armed citizens in their midst and don't notice even if you do print. If you are concerned, a good holster holster helps. I usually carry OWB in a High Noon Holster 'Slide Guard', although now that I've dropped about 50 pounds and have some britches with a little room I can carry IWB (High Noon 'Tail Gunner') more comfortably. I don't always carry a second mag but, depending on where I'm going add that to the belt with the cell phone, Leatherman, and ham radio. I don't carry a BUG, bug have a Bond Arms 'Texas Defender' that would work with a proper holster.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    What you carry and what you're comfortable with is a personal choice. I carried a G19 for a few months at various positions with various holsters and could never get it comfortable. I loved having that size gun available, but unless I was carrying it OWB, it was always uncomfortable in one way or another. A couple of weeks ago I switched over to carrying an M&P Shield 9mm. While I hate the reduction in capacity, it's an acceptable trade off for the comfort. There is a huge difference. I don't even need a hybrid holster, the DeSantis SOF Tuck I got with a G26 I bought months ago fits well and is very comfortable to carry. The holster didn't work well with the G26 or my G19, as they were too heavy and the single clip holster moved around too much, but I don't have that problem with the ligher, thinner Shield. For the first time since I started carrying, I have a gun I practically forget I'm wearing it's so comfortable. I still plan to carry my G19 when I OC or can CC under my coat when it's cold out, but when I want to CC with no compromise, it'll be with my Shield.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom