• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I carry a 442 and like it quite a bit. It's accurate enough to put rounds where I want them, but small enough that it rides in my pocket on a daily basis with no notice whatsoever. I really like having a hammer should I need to shoot a longer distance shot (single action works better for me that way)

The LCR, though, is a sweet wheelgun.. I got to try one out a couple weekends ago and liked it quite a bit..

Ted 40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    I agree with the 642. Especially after triiger is broken in. When new trigger was awful? After 500 or so rounds. Either the trigger changed? or I did--
    In all honesty I believe it was me--getting used to shooting double action.

This gun is so light, you arent aware you have it on you.

viiiupndhead

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Auburn
    If you don't mind the .380 as a primary defense round, go for the LCP. Kel-tec PF9 is quite small, 14 ounces and doubles the energy transfer with a 9mm round. Heavy 10 pound DA trigger needs no safety.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I have an XD40 service that I normally carry. But I started looking for something a little smaller and more concealable in all situations. I looked at the little 380's and I will have the LCP before the end of the year just because I like it.:D

What I ended up buying is the S&W 642 revolver. Really nice small lightweight gun. Put the 38 +P hollow points in it and you shouldn't have any trouble taking care of business from the ranges these guns are designed for.

The gun can go in your front pocket but not really as easily as one of the little 380's. But I decided that I didn't want to worry about failures to feed in a life or death situation. So that is another reason I decided to go with the small frame revolver. I also wanted the simplicity of a revolver for my wife around the house. If she needs to get to it quick I don't want her wandering if the auto is chambered and cocked.

Here are a couple videos on the 642.

YouTube - hickok45's Channel

Here's one on the LCP

In a christmas story Ralphies mother always said "you will shoot your eye out". But remember, with a pocket gun you could shoot your d**k off.:D:noway:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom