• ...and so much more!
  • Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    Lets make this simple.

If I keep letting my dog crap on your lawn, and your response is to build increasingly more expensive and elaborate walls, while I'm spending nothing, how are you winning that fight in the end? I just convinced you to defeat yourself economically.

If you get carried away with a response the rest of the neighborhood and law enforcement might see a need to get involved more significantly, so your options are limited in what you can do.
    It is pretty obvious that, at least on this one specific issue, we are not going to agree. I’m just going to leave it there. It is fine we disagree, I think that is still allowed in this country. We have both laid Out our positions pretty clearly.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    A couple notes on the drone shoot-down.

First is I heard 100's of million dollars for a MQ-9 Reaper... I'm not seeing that. What I found was total program cost of $11B for 430 production drones, or about $25M each which includes all "sunk costs", so an additional MQ-9 is much less than that.

ETA: Above is as of FY2020... here's the program document link.

Second, the Houthi's shot down an aircraft flying in International airspace. How could that possibly go wrong?

Finally, why do we care what the Houthi's are doing in Yemen? Well, they are at war with two of our allies in the region... they would love to light up the Saudi oilfields or put a long range missile on the Knesset.

Neither of those would affect us, our interests nor the perception of us as a valuable ally in the world.

Last edited:

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Did the IRA ever slaughter over 1400 British the way Hamas did Israelis?
    Wut?? :scratch: I don't care if they turn Gaza into a big beach.

I'm talking about the end game being a police state. Security actions don't work, at least not any I can think of.

The Troubles and all of its bitterness will pale in comparison to an attempted occupation of Gaza by the Israeli military. If Israel is willing to lose a few hundred to a thousand soldiers per year maintaining some kind of status quo, then so be it. I find it short-sighted.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

I'm talking about the end game being a police state. Security actions don't work, at least not any I can think of.

The Troubles and all of its bitterness will pale in comparison to an attempted occupation of Gaza by the Israeli military. If Israel is willing to lose a few hundred to a thousand soldiers per year maintaining some kind of status quo, then so be it. I find it short-sighted.
    When a people hate you like the Palestinians hate Israelis you can't let them build up a force like Hamas and several other terrorists organizations.

What else can they do? They left Gaza after "occupation" of their own land and gave it to the Palestinians. Israel won several wars and could have kept it all. They wanted supposed peace. It never happened.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Explain to me how Iraq and Afghanistan benefitted our nation, our people, and our economy.

If you can't do that, you should re-evaluate your words. And also realize the insanity that you honestly believe inbred cavemen will topple our nation from the other side of the planet, without aircraft carriers or nuclear weapons. And also why you would need hundred million dollar spy drones to document inbred cavemen on the other side of the planet.

The way I see it, sure they can topple our nation quite easily. By constantly egging us to spend billions for every penny they spend. They can bleed us dry and destroy our country merely by egging on war hawks to continue wasting our resources. And they don't even need to touch American soil to do it.

Doing what you want is how we lose our superpower status, not how we maintain it.
    They are (Russia Iran China North Korea ect) doing now to the FUSA what RR did to the Soviet Union in the 1980’s.
    33 trillion debt. Print print print.
    soon tax tax tax.

no longer can we vote ourselves out of this one.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn

If they flatten every single building in the strip, they will not have to occupy anything. There will be nothing for the people of gaza to return to. Make the entire strip look like beach front. No infrastructure, no new buildings or electricity.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    If they flatten every single building in the strip, they will not have to occupy anything. There will be nothing for the people of gaza to return to. Make the entire strip look like beach front. No infrastructure, no new buildings or electricity.
    Greenspace. Solar panels. fields for growing food. All ideas that would work better than occupied buildings.

Top Bottom