• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I use this gun for USPSA, so it is a gamer gun, no doubt about it. I had also been wanting some stippling work done for some added traction, and while I could have just had Cory do one of his stellar stipppling jobs, I wanted something with a bit more grip and some other mods. After doing some research and asking some questions I was steered to a gentleman by the name of Dale Hunnicutt and his company GripReductions.com. (Just give it a google to take a look at some of his work, I am just too lazy to hotlink it. lol)

Grip Reduction: I told Dale not to go overboard with the grip reduction and to leave the factory geometry close to stock. I also wanted the finger grooves removed. (IMHO, Glock should have never put them on the gun any way.) I also wanted to have the trigger guard high cut.
    new_limited_pics_001.jpg

Texturing: Although I like the stippling work that Cory does, I wanting something with more of the feel of grip tape, but with out the downfalls of grip tape. I had tried some grip tape before and it just didn't last very long without peeling off. Dale offers a few different textures, I chose the most aggressive.
    new_limited_pics_002.jpg

Magwell: This is the biggest reason I chose to have Dale do the work on my G34 frame. I had tried ALL of the current bolt on magwells, and they all suck. (The Dawson and the JP suck the least, but they still suck.) Every one of them would not stay put on the front of the grip and at times this had caused some mag related malfs. Dales magwell is plasti-welded/epoxied into the grip, meaning it is there FOREVER.
    new_limited_pics_004.jpg

Dale also offers the option of an extended beavertail, I opted not to add one to my work order, I have never been bitten by the slide of a Glock, yet.

I have yet to shoot it, as the grip frame just got back to me today. But, my first impressions after putting it all back together, I friggin' love it.

Was it expensive? Well, that is a subjective question, depends on the individual, to me it was reasonable and worth the expense. Just check out Dales website for pricing if your interested.

That is all. Sorry for the crappy pics, I am a tow truck driver for crissakes!

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    THE HUMANITY!

...nah, just kiddin. Looks good! Only downfall I can see is that if you ever want to sell it, there isn't much market for a Limited-legal-only 9mm.

I'm curious, what grip tape did you try? I've got the TruGrip on my G34 and I love it. It's uber-grippy, and I've had it on there all season so far and not one sign of peeling or shifting. The fact that I can take it off at any time and have a box stock frame is nice too.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    THE HUMANITY!

...nah, just kiddin. Looks good! Only downfall I can see is that if you ever want to sell it, there isn't much market for a Limited-legal-only 9mm.

I'm curious, what grip tape did you try? I've got the TruGrip on my G34 and I love it. It's uber-grippy, and I've had it on there all season so far and not one sign of peeling or shifting. The fact that I can take it off at any time and have a box stock frame is nice too.

As far as resale value, I am not to worried, I plan on keeping it forever. I also intend to convert it to .40sw for next season, so I will getting a new top end for it anyway. I can keep the factory top end around for steel matches and what not.

Nathan, over the years I have tried every type grip tape that was available, I gave up about 3yrs ago screwing around with them. So the TruGrip tape may have worked for me, but the magwell issue still needed to be addressed.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    OMG!!!! HOW COULD YOU?!?!?!

Just Kiddin BC, I'd be offended if it were anyone else's work but that guy does some amazing stuff. Be sure to bring it to the 1500, I'd love to see it in person.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I handled Esrice's Glock (stippled) a while back; I think you made a good choice not have the stipple work all the way up the back of the grip. That stipple did not feel good (to me) on the skin right there in between my thumb and trigger finger. It felt like I was getting ready to sand it down to repaint or something!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Looks good! Now there are fewer excuses we expect better scores.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    That is pretty impressive. I have the Glock 35. If I ever decide to shoot limited I'll be contacting Dale.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    As far as resale value, I am not to worried, I plan on keeping it forever. I also intend to convert it to .40sw for next season, so I will getting a new top end for it anyway. I can keep the factory top end around for steel matches and what not.

Could I do that and shoot .40 in Limited? Hadn't looked into the rules for Limited, but building an upper for my G34 would be appealing.

EatMeerkats

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    Could I do that and shoot .40 in Limited? Hadn't looked into the rules for Limited, but building an upper for my G34 would be appealing.
    Yes. You can't do it the other way around, though (convert a G35 to 9mm and shoot Production).

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy

I would get a new gun. In my experience, the magwells are hard to get on and off and you can get a better trigger to shoot limited than you have now in production (Vanek Super maybe?). There is also some Internet heresay about aftermarket glock slides introducing unreliability (but I have no personal experience with this).

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    Also, it'd be about $200 for the slide, $110 for the barrel, and you'd get new mags with a new gun so count in the cost of two mags @ about $25 each. So that's $360 and you don't even get a new gun - you get accessories that have low resale value if you chose to do so.

The LEO/GSSF price on a G35 is $480. I just picked one up for myself last month.

Top Bottom