• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Absolutely true. I hold this against both THEN-GOP and also the NRA which, rather than remind these stupid ****s who supported them and what needs done just sat there mumbling "enforce the existing laws...enforce the existing laws...enforce the existing laws..."
    You mean we can not do anything we only have one branch, then give us the Senate and the executive branch, then they had all three and did nothing.

But wait for the same old song and dance come Midterm.

Time to work on our memory recall and primary these clowns out!

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Passing these bills in the House isn't any surprise given the Dems majority. The Senate will be a more interesting battle. My understanding is that they need a 60 vote majority in the Senate unless they try the reconciliation process or decide to nuke the filibuster. I'm not sure how those rules may apply to this type of legislation. If anyone has more insight into this, please add your two cents.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Passing these bills in the House isn't any surprise given the Dems majority. The Senate will be a more interesting battle. My understanding is that they need a 60 vote majority in the Senate unless they try the reconciliation process or decide to nuke the filibuster. I'm not sure how those rules may apply to this type of legislation. If anyone has more insight into this, please add your two cents.
    Given that 50+Harris is adequate to change the rules in the Senate I recommend being prepared for a worst case scenario.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The Senate Democrats are going balls to the wall using the reconciiliation process and trying to make everything a simple majority. I said it in another thread. It's almost like they are expecting to lose in 2022 so they are swinging for the fences now while they have all the power.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Here we go.

Screenshot_20210315-112931.png

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I wonder how many Georgia Republicans are now regretting their decision to stay home for the January special election or their protest vote against Trump. They handed the Senate and our futures over to the Dems.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I wonder how many Georgia Republicans are now regretting their decision to stay home for the January special election or their protest vote against Trump. They handed the Senate and our futures over to the Dems.
    Maybe they just thought their vote wouldn't count because of fraud...or maybe it was more fraud?

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Assuming this garbage gets through the senate and the usurper signs it, when is it supposed to take effect?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Do you have a link to anything beyond speculation this occurred? Are the vote totals significantly different from Election Day to run-off day? Not buying that had an affect. The same fraud that beat Trump won the senate too.

The republican candidates should have demanded a fair election and not participated unless it was provided. But I'm not buying that protest votes lost it...

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Do you have a link to anything beyond speculation this occurred? Are the vote totals significantly different from Election Day to run-off day? Not buying that had an affect. The same fraud that beat Trump won the senate too.

The republican candidates should have demanded a fair election and not participated unless it was provided. But I'm not buying that protest votes lost it...
    A while back, Alex Marlow on Breitbart discussed the results of an after analysis done by one of Trump's pollsters on his morning program. In the analysis, it was determined that turnout was lower in several key Republican leaning counties that went for Trump in the general. I don't recall the other details, that was my main takeaway. I assumed it was voter apathy or disgust. I'm sure there are other opinions on that.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    A while back, Alex Marlow on Breitbart discussed the results of an after analysis done by one of Trump's pollsters on his morning program. In the analysis, it was determined that turnout was lower in several key Republican leaning counties that went for Trump in the general. I don't recall the other details, that was my main takeaway. I assumed it was voter apathy or disgust. I'm sure there are other opinions on that.
    And if those voters didn't stay home, you really think the dems wouldn't have cheated and lost Georgia?

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Assuming this garbage gets through the senate and the usurper signs it, when is it supposed to take effect?

Assuming is not a good word to use. Based on the word assume which everyone knows means making an a$$ out of u and me! I don't think relying on the Senate is a good idea, we can hope but don't hold your breath.
    If they fail this time Schumer eliminates the filibuster and they reintroduce the same Bill's again with a simple majority vote ....... and we lose! Just my opinion and a possibility.

Top Bottom