• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • muncie21

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    I stopped by a Walmart in IL on my way to STL hoping to score some ammo. I was amazed that in the land of gun control and FOIDs that the store carried more rifles (by far) than any I've seen in IN yet.

Some items of interest:
    Marlin 336
    Ruger 10/22- $207
    Marlin 22 stainless w/scope- $207
    Henry 22- $267

They had another whole rack of shotguns..oh no ammo either :n00b:

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    One of the walmarts in Columbus Indiana carries all of those same guns, at least they did when I was there last week picking up a marlin 17hmr. I know the had the model 60 stainless, 10/22, mossy and remington 870 shotguns, the henry .22 lever as well as a rack of black powder rifles. I know they had more but thats what I remeber seeing. the prices were the same.

I know if was a pain getting through the process there....must have had 5 people check and recheck things over. But the prices were good and the guy told me just to come in and he could special order most anything.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    The one at 735 Whitfield Drive, further into Columbus. The easiest way to get there in to take 31 into columbus. The Walmart will be down on your right hand side by a Golden Coral.

Feign

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Columbus-ish
    I thought the FOID was required only for handguns? Regardless...I won't travel to or through that state ever again if I can help it.

And a big ol double-fisted bird for the east side Wal-Mart. I haven't been back to a Wal-Mart since last April.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    The FOID is required for any firearm or ammunition. Must present it when purchasing or to any LEO that wants to see it.

jlm223

Aim Small Miss Small
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Muncie
    Muncie North Wall-Mart has a good selection they can order for you from a catalog. The guy said he could not order anything that looked like an assault weapon.

redneck919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2009
    southside
    columbus walmart off of 31 does have a pretty good selection for being a walmart bought a few there before.ive been to the walmart in morris illinois before they have them there also.had quite a few more there than our columbus walmart

brwnfldl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    You dont have to have a FOID card to buy ammo or firearms in Ill, thats for Ill residents only, I just show my Indiana DL to make purchases at walmart in Danville, Ill

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    If you buy a shotgun or rifle in Illinois.....you don't take it home today...24 hr waiting period...and if it's a handgun....72 hr waiting period

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    If you buy a shotgun or rifle in Illinois.....you don't take it home today...24 hr waiting period...and if it's a handgun....72 hr waiting period

I thought the waiting period was only for IL residents? And I KNOW you can't buy and walk out with a handgun from an IL FFL, you'd need to have it sent to an IN FFL.

Top Bottom