• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Does anyone have a preference. It seems like the guns america is more pricy than gunbroker. I like Auction Arms the best. I guess if you search enought i.e. local shops, internet shops, friends it doesnt matter where you get it from as long its the best deal.

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Personally I like doing business locally. They might be a little higher priced sometimes, but most of the time they are right in the ball park. Usually I only go to the internet for a hard to find item and then I frequent gun broker.

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    I've used GunsAmerica for two or three buys. No one local had what I was looking for, so I bought off of them. Prices didn't seem any higher or lower than the other sites, and GA had pages more of the arms I was interested in.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've used GunsAmerica for two or three buys. No one local had what I was looking for, so I bought off of them. Prices didn't seem any higher or lower than the other sites, and GA had pages more of the arms I was interested in.
    Did you ask them if they would order one for you? Most will take a partial deposit and place special orders.

Does anyone have a preference. It seems like the guns america is more pricy than gunbroker. I like Auction Arms the best. I guess if you search enought i.e. local shops, internet shops, friends it doesnt matter where you get it from as long its the best deal.

I like to buy local whenever possible, and most local shops, if you talk to the owner in a respectful way, will bend over backwards to give you the best price and be very competitive with the auction sites.

Now that said, I have purchased from all 3 auction sites but only on old, out of production, collectable firearms.

By the time you add shipping and transfer fees, plus add the cost of the money order and the time lost I have NEVER found an auction site that could actually beat a local dealer on a CURRENT PRODUCTION MODEL firearm. Assume the gun costs $400, transfer fee is $25, shipping is $25, money order is $3, stamp/envelope/gas to post office is $1, then the cost of the $400 gun is $454 and you pay in advance, get it in 2 weeks.

Go to the gun shop locally and you can probably get the same gun for $454 and walk out with it today. :twocents:

Last edited:

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Indyslim is right, locally is the best route, however I do use gunbroker quite a bit also. GB is a great reference for getting a ballpark on firearms pricing, and sometimes you can find great ammo deals. Be careful though because you are dealing with out of state FFL and many states have different laws.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom