• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    Alot of signs showing 50%, 60%, 70% off colored stickered stuff...only problem nothing has a colored sticker. I've been shopping it 3 times a week and haven't found anything really worth buying (oh yea, sunglasses). Dick's prices at the mall are less than Gander on those shooting supplies they both sell. I guess there will be a high price to pay for having stock. I'm told Gander is hoarding ammo in back until grand opening. They have a lot of high priced match grade ammo out now to take advantage of the hard to find calibers. If that is only available ammo people may be willing to pay the higher prices. They had maybe a dozen boxes on shelf of .223 match ammo for $34.95.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I have a 380 on layaway there was concerned about a gouge in the lower part of the grip the helpful store manager let me know it was not really that bad and you know that all the ones that come in are like that find that a little hard to beleive. but at any rate it made me feel better to know that he really did not care about my business and really did not wan to get one that had not been a floor model for me. Way to go Customer service!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I have a 380 on layaway there was concerned about a gouge in the lower part of the grip the helpful store manager let me know it was not really that bad and you know that all the ones that come in are like that find that a little hard to beleive. but at any rate it made me feel better to know that he really did not care about my business and really did not wan to get one that had not been a floor model for me. Way to go Customer service!

Did you walk away from the sale?

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Alot of signs showing 50%, 60%, 70% off colored stickered stuff...only problem nothing has a colored sticker. I've been shopping it 3 times a week and haven't found anything really worth buying (oh yea, sunglasses). Dick's prices at the mall are less than Gander on those shooting supplies they both sell. I guess there will be a high price to pay for having stock. I'm told Gander is hoarding ammo in back until grand opening. They have a lot of high priced match grade ammo out now to take advantage of the hard to find calibers. If that is only available ammo people may be willing to pay the higher prices. They had maybe a dozen boxes on shelf of .223 match ammo for $34.95.

OMG. It's a conspiracy!

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Did you walk away from the sale?

yes especially after the manager advised me that they are all like that and invited me to check around well I did and found several others available at a lgs that were not damaged. I told the owner of the store up front why I wanted to see one he was fine with showing me that his were not damaged and told me if I would like one he would take $20.00 off the price and agreed to hold it for 24 hours. Went back to Gander Mountain to speak with same manager and told him as he suggested I checked with another store and low and behold theirs did not have the same defect. What really frost my mug is the fact that I did not ask Gander for a reduction in price just wanted one that was not damaged thats all and I guess that was asking too much. So yes I did not complete the sale and will no longer be doing business with Gander especially with an attitude like theirs.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    yes especially after the manager advised me that they are all like that and invited me to check around well I did and found several others available at a lgs that were not damaged. I told the owner of the store up front why I wanted to see one he was fine with showing me that his were not damaged and told me if I would like one he would take $20.00 off the price and agreed to hold it for 24 hours. Went back to Gander Mountain to speak with same manager and told him as he suggested I checked with another store and low and behold theirs did not have the same defect. What really frost my mug is the fact that I did not ask Gander for a reduction in price just wanted one that was not damaged thats all and I guess that was asking too much. So yes I did not complete the sale and will no longer be doing business with Gander especially with an attitude like theirs.

:+1:

I have never bought at Garner and now I'm glad I never have or stepped into that store.

KDW77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Gander has always been high on everything,and not very helpfull when something goes wrong with your gun . I do not buy from them anymore.

avcautoinc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    gander is just a touch and feel store you dont actually buy a gun from there unless they have a rebate deal going on

Dagoney22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    NWI-Merrillville
    I was told that the clearance sale has been running for a few months now and there isnt much left of the clearance product. Guess I shoulda tried to get in there earlier.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Was in there yesterday (my office window looks directly out at this GM). I picked up some Tru-Oil and a patch puller for my .22s....neither on sale. It looks like the remodeling is going full force. I have no idea as to when it will be done. I'm looking forward to it.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...but I've yet to buy a gun there and the ammo was comparatively pricey before things went nuts. However, if they end up with ammo on the shelves, I'll gladly pay the "comparatively pricey" prices they had before.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom