• ...and so much more!
  • Mark in Indiana

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2018
    Evansville
    All:
    But still the responsibility is with the gun owner. Obviously the IKEA gun owner didn't fully know about gun safety or didn't care. I believe that basic gun safety education for gun owners is a possible solution. I don't mean a tactical weapons use course that costs $$$$. Just a basic how to handle a gun to keep others and yourself safe course. As long as an Indiana resident has a clean background, it's easy to get the IN-LTC.

I grew up around guns. If me or my cousins touched a gun without permission, it meant an a$$ whippin' for all of us. Therefore, we never touched any guns.

I was also blessed to learn from an experienced gun owner and an ISP weapons instructor. I also spent many hours watching instructional videos before firing my first shot as a licensed carrier. I'm not perfect. However, like most here, I'm aware of the consequences involved with negligent use.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    All:
    But still the responsibility is with the gun owner. Obviously the IKEA gun owner didn't fully know about gun safety or didn't care. I believe that basic gun safety education for gun owners is a possible solution. I don't mean a tactical weapons use course that costs $$$$. Just a basic how to handle a gun to keep others and yourself safe course. As long as an Indiana resident has a clean background, it's easy to get the IN-LTC.

I heard this one guy on INGO who proposes making firearms training an above the line tax deduction that way we don't have to use violence to get the desired outcome.

Not only is this an excellent idea but this guy is handsome, clever, a great dancer and has flowing locks of hair, so much hair on his head.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I heard this one guy on INGO who proposes making firearms training an above the line tax deduction that way we don't have to use violence to get the desired outcome.

Not only is this an excellent idea but this guy is handsome, clever, a great dancer and has flowing locks of hair, so much hair on his head.

I didn't know Hough was a dancer.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    He had shorts on because I saw him

Confused people who wear skinny Jean's need punched in their vagina

WTF??? :):

My 4 year old knows not to touch or pick up a gun without permission and to tell a adult immediately upon seeing one. It takes effort on parents part. Even if you dont own guns. Even if you are scared of guns. You must teach your children not to just pick up a gun! Untrained adults and retarded FBI acrobats also should not pick up guns.
    It's not rocket science but it could save lives.

:yesway:

see trigger times post above ;)
    Also FBI agents

Ah, sorry I missed your post.
    Yep, kids should call a trained and responsible adult if they find a gun ... not just the first person over 18 they can find.
    I'm glad I read back now. :):

I don't wear skinny jeans btw.Can't conceal a ankle holster with those. :dunno:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

One guy? Not only one. But I'm not handsome and my locks have been stolen :)

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    He is. I have the incriminating evidence of him dancing to "Tainted Love" by Soft Cell but out of respect we only play it at my firm's Christmas Party (which last year was at a sushi joint).

Y'know, sometimes I feel I've got to run away I've got to get away from the pain that you drive into the heart of me.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    All:
    But still the responsibility is with the gun owner. Obviously the IKEA gun owner didn't fully know about gun safety or didn't care.
    Hi Mark, welcome to INGO!
    I agree the responsibility is with the gun owner. Making sure that your firearm is secure on your person should be on the front burner if you are going to leave your house with it.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Children should always be told, "Stop, Don't Touch, Leave the Area, Tell an Adult." And the adult should be extra cautious with a found firearm. You should assume it will fire at any instant (unless you can see the hammer is down) because you have no idea what has been done to the internals of that gun. Never trust that a found gun will operate as designed.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Top Bottom