• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Its back :xmad: It was gone for a while, but its now back up on the redesigned website.

Urban Policy | Change.gov: The Obama-Biden Transition Team

Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    :xmad: Well I guess I would be even more angry if all my guns had had not rusted and rotted away to dust. i knew that dehumidifier would have been a good investment. Oh well, skip my house Obama..*(jedi mind trick) "this is not the house you are looking for"

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I still cannot comprehend how people want to pass an AWB again. We did that. It had NO EFFECT on crime. I'd like to say I'm surprised by him putting it back on the site, but I'm not. He can show his true colors now, and the people that got duped can only say "whoops." :xmad: Clinton's policies, Clinton's people...Yup, looks like "change" to me...

Last edited:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    He is a city liberal and says that "assault weapons" have no place on our streets and belong on the battlefield, even though rifles like the AR-15 aren't used on battlefields and are used for hunting. I had a discussion recently with a couple of non-gun people and they buy this stuff out of the mouths of "authorities" like Obama without question. I try to do my part to educate by sending them the Gun Facts 5.0 e-book.

Gun Facts - Your guide for debunking gun control myth

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I still cannot comprehend how people want to pass an AWB again. We did that. It had NO EFFECT on crime. I'd like to say I'm surprised by him putting it back on the site, but I'm not. He can show his true colors now, and the people that got duped can only say "whoops." :xmad: Clinton's policies, Clinton's people...Yup, looks like "change" to me...

I was thinking about that earlier...when it expired on 2004 did we see a huge rise or ANY rise in crime, much less crime involving "assault rifles"?

Nope.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The AWB has nothing to do with crime. It's all about making people "feel" better and about giving control to the people in power. That's why there were so many cosmetic items on the last AWB. The REAL gun grabbers know this. They're not stupid. The fact that they continue to be underestimated is why they continue to have power.

nobletucky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Barrack Hussein has been completely honest and open w/ everything so far. From his birth certificate/ origin, to his political fundraisers and contributions from around the world. We have nothing to fear. Especially once Hilary gets situated and BO follows through with his promises to her for dropping out. We'll have two pro gun activists going up to bat for us. Absolutely no sarcasim intended...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Its back :xmad: It was gone for a while, but its now back up on the redesigned website.

Urban Policy | Change.gov: The Obama-Biden Transition Team
    Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. ....

Hum... Last time I checked the Tiahrt Amendemnt ONLY ALLOWED law enforcement officers access to the gun trace information and on one else. So hat on earth is BO's website talking about?

*sigh* Someone spiked their kool-aid.

---
    Yups I'm correct
    Tiahrt is the author of the Tiahrt Amendment, which prohibits the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) from releasing information from its firearms trace database to anyone other than a law enforcement agency or prosecutor in connection with a criminal investigation. Additionally, any data so released is inadmissible in a civil lawsuit.[5] Some groups, including the Mayors Against Illegal Guns Coalition, believe that having further access to the BATFE database would help municipal police departments track down sellers of illegal guns and curb crime. These groups are trying to undo the Tiahrt Amendment.[6]
    (Todd Tiahrt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
    Top Bottom