code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1219351907627667456

giphy.gif

He certainly has a way with words, don't he ?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Good. Exactly what needs to happen when red flag laws are abused. Hope she does jail time.
    Uh. It was against a cop. I’ll be more impressed when Denver prosecutes someone for abusing the law against an armed civilian. This is not an armed citizen friendly city.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Uh. It was against a cop. I’ll be more impressed when Denver prosecutes someone for abusing the law against an armed civilian. This is not an armed citizen friendly city.

Don't know about Colorado law, but in Indiana it would currently be a crime since it's knowingly false informing about Police misconduct. Those of us who are not LEO need the same protection. Hopefully before someone gets their life destroyed.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jamil again.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Don't know about Colorado law, but in Indiana it would currently be a crime since it's knowingly false informing about Police misconduct. Those of us who are not LEO need the same protection. Hopefully before someone gets their life destroyed.

Yeah, cop probably had more leeway and a better route to contest the claim. Still, hope her punishment is severe.

This is the same principle as when a cop gets shot. I am all for the entire force dropping everything and hunting down the shooter. I just wish they cared that much about you and me.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I'm happy to have that protection for law enforcement. If the kudos is for Denver being sane with their brand new shiny red flag law that just went into effect, I'll give them kudos when they do it to support armed citizens. Prosecuting people who knowingly, falsely, inform on police officers is a given. Even anti-gun zealots can do that one. Let's see how they do when someone abuses their new law to harass an armed citizen.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

I knew that. I'm hoping there are similar civilian protections, though I'm not sure if that's true... :dunno:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Copied from the /r/progun subreddit:

Trump's History of "supporting the second amendment"

Bump stock ban

Appointed an anti 2nd amendment head of the ATF

Supported raising age to purchase firearms

Didn’t support national carry (after promising to in his last campaign)

Didn’t support hearing protection act

Signed “fix NICS” into law and supports even further Expanded back ground checks

Supports TAPS Act

Supports banning suppressors

Supports banning body armor

Supports mag capacity ban

Talked about implementation of a “social credit system”

Talked about implementing 3rd party threat assessment and spying using social media and spying on gun owners to determine if they should own guns. (A component of Taps Act)

Authored Extreme Risk Protection Orders (ERPO) Red Flag, endorsed and promoted it... “take the guns first, then go through due process second”...

And let’s not forget he had 2 years with a full republican government and promised to undo gun laws that were already passed- he did nothing

All of these are what progressive Democrats wanted and they got it from Trump.

Quit pretending like trump is pro-gun. He's not.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Pro gun appears to be a spectrum. Okay. So out of all the candidates for POTUS, who is most pro-gun? It’s not all that good. But it’s what it is.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Copied from the /r/progun subreddit:

Trump's History of "supporting the second amendment"

Bump stock ban

Appointed an anti 2nd amendment head of the ATF

Supported raising age to purchase firearms

Didn’t support national carry (after promising to in his last campaign)

Didn’t support hearing protection act

Signed “fix NICS” into law and supports even further Expanded back ground checks

Supports TAPS Act

Supports banning suppressors

Supports banning body armor

Supports mag capacity ban

Talked about implementation of a “social credit system”

Talked about implementing 3rd party threat assessment and spying using social media and spying on gun owners to determine if they should own guns. (A component of Taps Act)

Authored Extreme Risk Protection Orders (ERPO) Red Flag, endorsed and promoted it... “take the guns first, then go through due process second”...

And let’s not forget he had 2 years with a full republican government and promised to undo gun laws that were already passed- he did nothing

All of these are what progressive Democrats wanted and they got it from Trump.

Quit pretending like trump is pro-gun. He's not.

Another post from the same thread:

A shill post. They're gonna try and sew discord in the gun community going in[FONT=&quot]to 2020[/FONT].

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Pro gun appears to be a spectrum. Okay. So out of all the candidates for POTUS, who is most pro-gun? It’s not all that good. But it’s what it is.

Exactly. Trump deserves the criticism for his lack of 2A fidelity, at least to the degree most here on INGO would demand. BUT...we only have to look to Virginia to realize what could have been with the alternative. And especially with the communists running for the dem nomination, there is a clear difference.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Exactly. Trump deserves the criticism for his lack of 2A fidelity, at least to the degree most here on INGO would demand. BUT...we only have to look to Virginia to realize what could have been with the alternative. And especially with the communists running for the dem nomination, there is a clear difference.
    But haven't we learned that it is better to get our guns all taken away if we can remain pure.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    But haven't we learned that it is better to get our guns all taken away if we can remain pure.

I was listening to Tom Greshem’s podcast not so long ago where either he or a guest said that less than 50% of NRA members are even registered to vote. And that doesn’t even count the ones that “are tired of choosing the lesser of 2 evils”. So, yeah, to a large extent a lot of gun owners I’d assert have chosen purity.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I was listening to Tom Greshem’s podcast not so long ago where either he or a guest said that less than 50% of NRA members are even registered to vote. And that doesn’t even count the ones that “are tired of choosing the lesser of 2 evils”. So, yeah, to a large extent a lot of gun owners I’d assert have chosen purity.
    That is crazy but you see that attitude on here all the time. Someone said, the NRA should do something about Virginia. It is a membership organization. The members have to do something.

Top Bottom