• gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine
    1) Phil Keaggy acoustic

2) Phil Keaggy rock and roll

Keaggy really is the best guitarist you've never heard of. Professionals musicians around the world consider him the absolute master of the craft in a dozen or so styles.

Ding Ding we have a winner Phil is all that and more some of the guys named so for could not even be a roadie for Phil Keaggy he is without a doubt otherworldly and truly amazing !

PHIL KEAGGY - TIME - ACOUSTIC VERSION - Cranberry High School, Pa. - Aug 16, 1991 - YouTube

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    One thing that impresses me in a guitar player, more than their technical skill, is when I can tell who it is within the first few notes of song. Guys like Jimi Hendrix, Angus Young, David Gilmour, Stevie Ray Vaughan all have, or had, a unique sound that nobody else seems to ever duplicate. David Gilmour and Angus Young probably shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as the other two from a skill standpoint, but each have a sound that is immediately recognizable as their own.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I've seen Angus Young mentioned a few times here, and while he is tremendous at what he does, Malcolm Young is the guy that makes that band possible, well, him and Phil Rudd. If you've ever seen AC/DC in person, it is amazing how rock solid Malcolms playing is, the guy just hits it perfect EVERY song.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Gary Rossington, last original member of Lynyrd Skynyrd. Stevie Ray Vaughn and Billy Gibbons were mentioned but deserve another.

gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine
    One thing that impresses me in a guitar player, more than their technical skill, is when I can tell who it is within the first few notes of song. Guys like Jimi Hendrix, Angus Young, David Gilmour, Stevie Ray Vaughan all have, or had, a unique sound that nobody else seems to ever duplicate. David Gilmour and Angus Young probably shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence as the other two from a skill standpoint, but each have a sound that is immediately recognizable as their own.

You could add this guy to that list for sure, nick named the humbler for obvious reasons.
    RIP Danny.

"Harlem Nocturn" Danny Gatton desktop - YouTube

Top Bottom