• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    In response to public statements from Groupon that they are halting all gun-related promotions, including those involving firearms training and gun ranges, I contacted my sales rep to inquire about the status of my promotion for Tactical Firearms Training, LLC. I received this response:

"This isn't a stop, this is a pause of these types of deals while we review our own policies for the types of deals featured on Groupon. Ultimately, our inventory is driven by our consumers' tastes, and tastes change. In recent months, Groupon has received an extraordinarily high amount of feedback from customers who have been personally affected by gun violence. We are reviewing our policies to ensure that we have both our consumer and merchant experience top of mind. As of now, your deal has been paused on our website, not completely closed out. Please honor any groupons that have been sold so far, and we will pay you out accordingly. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns."

I am outraged. And if you disagree with Groupon's decision to punish law-abiding gun owners by halting promotions for gun-related services, including training sought by responsible citizens who simply want to protect themselves and their families as safely and effectively as possible, please reconsider your subscription to Groupon and contact Groupon to express your opinion. https://www.groupon.com/support

Also, please repost this message on any social media that you utilize in order to bring as much attention to this issue as possible. Thanks.

Guy

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Here is my response:

Having reflected on this issue overnight, I can tell you that I am absolutely outraged. I teach firearm SAFETY and the RESPONSIBLE use of firearms in SELF-DEFENSE. And Groupon now associates me and my company with "gun violence"?? That is ridiculous, baseless and defamatory.

The terms of our agreement allowed Groupon to cease TFT's promotion with written notice. I received no such notice - I had to inquire as to the status of my promotion based on public statements made by Groupon executives, and only after my inquiry was I informed that my promotion was suspended. Therefore, Groupon is now in breach of our agreement. And having breached our agreement, Groupon has relinquished any further rights under that agreement.

Based on Groupon's prior breach, I hereby terminate Tactical Firearms Training's agreement with Groupon, and Groupon is notified that you are NOT authorized to use Eagle Creek Pistol Range's or Tactical Firearms Training's names, logos or images in any further promotions or communications. Any funds that Groupon is retaining from previous voucher sales must be paid on time, or Groupon will be in further breach of our prior agreement.

As a litigation attorney with nearly thirty years of experience, including class-action litigation, I am also analyzing any and all legal remedies that might be available to Tactical Firearms Training and all other firearms-related businesses who have now been the victim of Groupon's breach of contract and/or defamatory conduct.

I am also cancelling my personal subscription to Groupon and will be using all social media at my disposal to encourage all others who actually respect the United States Constitution to do the same. I think you'll be surprised by the consequences that Groupon's decision will have on its bottom line.

Lastly, please remember that Groupon CAME TO ME. In fact, Groupon pursued me relentlessly until we entered into our agreement. With that history, the hypocrisy and ignorance of Groupon's current position is shocking, and it is my fondest hope that Groupon pays a severe price in the marketplace (if not the courtroom) as a consequence.

Guy
    ----------------
    Guy A. Relford
    Attorney at Law
    President and Chief Instructor, Tactical Firearms Training, LLC
    Director and Chief Range Safety Officer, Eagle Creek Pistol Range

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Obvious question: How is this not bad faith breach of contract? Talk about your floodgates of potential liability? This could be an enormous class!

Did Groupon bother to call their attorney(s) before running off to do this?

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Great response! I learned of them halting firearms related sales yesterday and have since gotten both myself and my girlfriend to sop using them. This is ridiculous.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Here is my comment to Groupon:

I was very disappointed to hear that you are halting all gun-related promotions, including those involving firearms training and gun ranges. These are legitimate and safe activities and in my humble opinion you have no reason to blame individuals engaged in these activities for the wrongdoing of criminals and psychopaths. Personally I am offended, as I am sure are the other millions of legal and law abiding firearms owners in this country, by your actions. As long as you continue this policy I will personally see to it that no one in my household ever uses a Groupon for anything and will encourage all of my friends and relatives to do the same.

Last edited:

rdg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Fishers
    I responded to them as well and let them know that I will no longer use or refer Groupon as long as they have this "ban" in place.

Great response Guy!

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Here is my comment to Groupon:

I was very disappointed to hear that you are halting all gun-related promotions, including those involving firearms training and gun ranges. These are legitimate and safe activities and in my humble opinion you have no reason to blame individuals engaged in these activities for the wrongdoing of criminals and psychopaths. Personally I am offended, as I am sure are the other millions of legal and law abiding firearms owners in this country, by your actions. As long as you continue this policy I will personally see to it that no one in my household ever uses a Groupon for anything and will encourage all of my friends and relatives to do the same.

Beautiful.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    I will no longer deal with Groupon as I consider this action unethical as well as insulting. Will send them a comment when I get home this evening. TFT and Eagle Creek Range are exactly what this country needs more of, not further restrictions.

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    I've advertised with Groupon in the past and just the other day I received an email about our next deal. I am not currently locked into any agreement with them but would like to send a notice to stop contacting me based on the grounds that I do not agree with their policy.

Guy, since you have a way with words... would you be so kind to draft a letter that I may forward to my sales rep? Feel free to mention TFT and or any other company affected by this new stance they have. I want them to know that its not only the cash customer they have lost, but also the partners (Retailers) that are not affiliated with the Firearms industry.

I'm sure that there are several companies that would take a stand with you against Groupon and would benefit from such a letter.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I don't use Groupon, but maybe someone could mention they have been affected by car violence. Is Groupon going to suspend auto related stuff?

danil

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Mishawaka
    Maybe I'm way off base here, but the last people on my mind to contact post incident is Groupon; with the exception of seeing what they offer for defensive training etc. to be better prepared in the event of another occurrence. I wouldn't be surprised if they get feedback from the controlling liberal constituency with the goal of pushing their agenda.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    "I recently learned that GroupOn suspended promotions for "gun related" promotions.

As a law abiding US citizen who respects and cherishes my right to bear firearms in this country, I find this disturbing. If this is indeed the case, and this is something that GroupOn continues with, I will cancel my subscription, as well as letting everyone who I know that cherishes their lawful freedoms in this United States, so that they may want to do the same.

Most of the gun-related items I have seen on GroupOn are related to firearms safety and training, including lawful range-time in my city. This is exactly the kind of safety training and behavior that should be ENCOURAGED by our society, instead of shunned.

Please respond to me so that I understand better your policies and ideas with regard to this.

I understand that businesses are motivated by money, and I will spend my money with companies and programs that respect my right to freedom under the United States constitution, including free speech and the rights for firearms ownership."

Ripper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Earth
    Maybe I'm way off base here, but the last people on my mind to contact post incident is Groupon; with the exception of seeing what they offer for defensive training etc. to be better prepared in the event of another occurrence. I wouldn't be surprised if they get feedback from the controlling liberal constituency with the goal of pushing their agenda.

Agreed, time and effort is better spent contacting your Congressmen.

But since I have to deal with their relentless emails and phone calls as a partner/advertiser, its a good way to send a message to quit being an asshat.

Top Bottom