• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I don't want to send this thread too far down a theological rabbit hole (we can move that discussion to the religious threads), but Jesus is not only the Lamb; He is also the Lion. And the reference to Revelation 19 is spot on.
    Not even close to a similar situation. Not at all appropriate to compare it to something a human being does. His purpose and justification is so much higher than ours that we can't even understand it.

That's all I'm going to say. You can answer to Him one day for assuming what he would endorse or not. I have no authority in the matter and only the knowledge that it is folly to imagine we know what He would think or to compare something we do with something He is going to do.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Just saw a brief interview with Eli's girlfriend's brother on WTHR. Apparently she came to the aid of a girl that was shot in the leg and used her jacket as a tourniquet to stop the bleeding. He saw that she had blood on her when he arrived at the mall to pick her up after she called him immediately after everything went down. So apparently Eli's girlfriend is somewhat of a hero too. :yesway:

Yup. It should be mentioned. Anyone on other social media, pass it on.
    People that help, that make a difference, should be praised.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    No actually I am not…..
    Violence the unlawful exercise of physical force or intimidation by the exhibition of such force.

self defense is not unlawful, nor is protecting your family or loved ones, or even strangers as is the case at hand.

violence has NOTHING to do with lawful or unlawful.

a metal mass, accelerated to hundreds of feet per second, impacted on flesh and bone.
    Trust me.
    It was violence.

It sure as SH** was not peaceful.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I suppose I shouldn't be shocked that a trained medical person wouldn't carry at LEAST a TQ on them.

Everyone on INGO here should take at least a "STOP THE BLEED" class or its equivalent and carry at least a little medical kit.

At my work physical, the doc asked me why I had an ankle kit.
    Geez.
    I asked her, why does she NOT.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    violence has NOTHING to do with lawful or unlawful.

a metal mass, accelerated to hundreds of feet per second, impacted on flesh and bone.
    Trust me.
    It was violence.

It sure as SH** was not peaceful.
    I guess I look at things differently, which I am sure is a product of my training, my life experiences, the list goes on. Does not mean my opinion is right or even relevant for that matter.

From where I am sitting I am going to maintain that Mr. Dicken’s actions were not violent. They were the actions of someone whose actions were deliberate and measured and what I believe to be somewhat calm and controlled.

I may well be wrong, but based on the results what appears to be 8 our of 10 shots on target at that distance he was focused on more than the front sight.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I guess I look at things differently, which I am sure is a product of my training, my life experiences, the list goes on. Does not mean my opinion is right or even relevant for that matter.

From where I am sitting I am going to maintain that Mr. Dicken’s actions were not violent. They were the actions of someone whose actions were deliberate and measured and what I believe to be somewhat calm and controlled.

I may well be wrong, but based on the results what appears to be 8 our of 10 shots on target at that distance he was focused on more than the front sight.
    Deliberate and measured have nothing to do with it.

If you deliberately and measuredly nuke a city, it is still violent.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Bear with me on this one...

Over an hour in the bathroom, while your laptop is cooking along with a butane cylinder. Butane goes boom in the oven and a whole lot of emergency responders go there, not to the GPM. Those of us who remember the Richmond Hill explosion in 2012 know what would've been much more effective, but we weren't 10 years old in 2012. We remember the details. Same plan, not executed like Richmond Hill which looked like a a GBU-38 (500 pound JDAM) hit that house. Imagine that impact in an apartment building.

We saw the delays in emergency services getting to the park in Beech Grove several hours later (KellyinAvon's take: gang related candlelight vigil shot up by rival gang members who knew they'd be there.) Imagine if it was 30 minutes after an apartment building had a Richmond Hill level blast.

Top 5 movie of all time for most people on Earth: The Godfather. The gun Michael used to kill The Turk and the Police Captain was in the????? In the bathroom behind the toilet of course left there by one of Clemenza's men. Second shooter was supposed to go in the bathroom. The M&P 15 was there with ammo. The NRTBG (now room temperature bad guy) took the higher-end rifle and murdered three innocent people. Why would you leave your back up rifle in a backpack in the bathroom? If you were alone just sling it and go. Active shooter, nobody is just wandering into the bathroom.

Laptop goes boom along with apartment building, iPhone goes down the toilet, second shooter shows up minutes later. None of these things happened. If they did (along with Eli from Seymour not being as proficient with his EDC as he proved to be... or if he took his GF anywhere else on the planet) we would be discussing a very different situation that happened at the GPM right now.

We now return you to the regularly scheduled thread, already in progress.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm guessing you don't wear shorts...

ETA not making light of the idea. I'll admit I haven't thought of it.

And because of my clownish sense of humor, "Just rub some dirt on it!" ;)

Well, someone once pointed out to me...
    If my gun is out, the S*** is happening.
    I'm either shooting, or being shot at.
    With bullets flying, SOMEONE is going to get hit.
    Bad Guy
    Bystander
    or ME.

Option 2 and 3 means I may need a first aid kit that's more than a few small band aids.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Bear with me on this one...

Over an hour in the bathroom, while your laptop is cooking along with a butane cylinder. Butane goes boom in the oven and a whole lot of emergency responders go there, not to the GPM. Those of us who remember the Richmond Hill explosion in 2012 know what would've been much more effective, but we weren't 10 years old in 2012. We remember the details. Same plan, not executed like Richmond Hill which looked like a a GBU-38 (500 pound JDAM) hit that house. Imagine that impact in an apartment building.

We saw the delays in emergency services getting to the park in Beech Grove several hours later (KellyinAvon's take: gang related candlelight vigil shot up by rival gang members who knew they'd be there.) Imagine if it was 30 minutes after an apartment building had a Richmond Hill level blast.

Top 5 movie of all time for most people on Earth: The Godfather. The gun Michael used to kill The Turk and the Police Captain was in the????? In the bathroom behind the toilet of course left there by one of Clemenza's men. Second shooter was supposed to go in the bathroom. The M&P 15 was there with ammo. The NRTBG (now room temperature bad guy) took the higher-end rifle and murdered three innocent people. Why would you leave your back up rifle in a backpack in the bathroom? If you were alone just sling it and go. Active shooter, nobody is just wandering into the bathroom.

Laptop goes boom along with apartment building, iPhone goes down the toilet, second shooter shows up minutes later. None of these things happened. If they did (along with Eli from Seymour not being as proficient with his EDC as he proved to be... or if he took his GF anywhere else on the planet) we would be discussing a very different situation that happened at the GPM right now.

We now return you to the regularly scheduled thread, already in progress.
    iu

Top Bottom