• ...and so much more!
  • rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    I nominate that this active shooter scenario be called the "Dickens Drill."

Engage target once at 40 yards (or whatever the distance was.)
    Close with target while firing and motioning for bystanders to move or get down.
    One mag, no mag change unless malfunction.

Don't forget relocation of loved one.

From the seated position, concealed.
    Par time - 15s

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Suspect was probably waiting in the restroom, trolling the news for report that his apartment blew up
    @indyjs There may be more truth to that than you might suspect. If you planned your "going out party" and wanted to maximize the damage, an excellent option would be a distraction.

Destroy evidence and draw the GPD and GFD toward your hootch a mile away. Then go on your murderous spree. A butane cylinder going off in an oven and causing an apartment fire would have captured the attention of both the Police and EMS. All the better to allow the POS time to raise the body count.

I want to know what is on the phone and computer. I have a suspicion this POS was more cunning and determined than the average whack job shooter (e.g. Highland Park). I have a feeling when stuff is recovered from the electronics, there are going to be some very disturbing and chilling discoveries.

My question will be, did he have help? I don't like where the above scenario can lead from a motives perspective.

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    I’ve not seen this anywhere, but my wife swears she heard he was at Blondie’s Cookies with his girlfriend.

Attachments

• FA17EFA7-BB26-46AF-8825-7731147CFFDB.jpeg
      FA17EFA7-BB26-46AF-8825-7731147CFFDB.jpeg
      116.4 KB · Views: 50
    Last edited:

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Dicken is a ****ing stud.

15 seconds to react to a deadly situation and still made an 80% hit rate from a considerable distance.
    And I was given grief by some for questioning the hit rate of the trained police that shot over 90 rounds…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The suspect was dead before the first 911 call.

View attachment 212466
    This is just proof that an armed citizen that was on the scene when it was going down like Eli Dicken was thee first responder that had the ability to immediately engage and neutralize a threat before LE could get there and it saved countless lives in the interim.

Nothing against LE because they do the best that they can to get there as soon as they can but in all cases every minute can count. That is why we all need to be prepared to be our own first responder if need be and we should not be restricted from taking that role, by government regulation of our Constitutional right to bear arms for self-defense and as an added bonus in this case in doing so that right defended others. This is an ultimate example of exercising a natural right affirmed by the 2nd Amendment the way it was meant to be and why it shall not/must not be infringed.

Last edited:

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I nominate that this active shooter scenario be called the "Dickens Drill."

Engage target once at 40 yards (or whatever the distance was.)
    Close with target while firing and motioning for bystanders to move or get down.
    One mag, no mag change unless malfunction.
    Make a good stage for uspsa or other competitions…..

“Shooter must engage target while continuing to move forward to slide lock”

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Isn't this already a standard argument in court cases, especially in civil court? You're damned either way.

No training = "A novice gun owner incapable of making appropriate decisions about the use of lethal force"
    Training = "A bloodthirsty gun nut itching for an opportunity to become a hero by shooting someone"

Similarly, hollowpoint or any other even slightly special round in your EDC = "Armed with special purpose man-killer bullets and again itching to kill someone at the first opportunity". Ball ammo = "Only prepared for a day at the range, not a self defense scenario - ergo, it wasn't self defense"

There is no winning these sorts of arguments with these sorts of people, only degrees of losing. Oh, and the verdict, if a criminal case...

Remember that homo prosecutor in Kenosha trying to make something of the common ammo the Kenosha Kid had?

Such ***holes are pathetic.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Top Bottom