• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Free parking. $5 admission. Ammo pricing and selection poor. There is much reloading supplies. I left at 1:30.

I was focused on 223/556 and they were $1+ per round.

Brass is being purchased by vendors but I didn't see what they were buying.

Taurus handguns seemed to me the most prevalent there. There were handgun and long gun refugees that looked like they were from gun buy backs being sold there.

There are many older firearms there that may interest you. There are plenty of knives being sold.

It is in one small hall, aisles are tight. If you crop dust and are toxic, it will be a mass casualty event as folks were bumper to bumper at times in the aisles.

I'd recommend going, you may find that one thing you've been looking for. The weather may worsen tomorrow making it more risky to go, which is why I went today. I did not buy anything, but was looking hard at the knives.

10Forward

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Greenfield
    I also attended this morning. I did pick up some 38 Special reloads at a decent price for my wife's handgun, it was the first .38 I'd seen period in probably six weeks - bought three boxes.

Best part of the show for me was meeting the gang from Brad's Knives (with the Knife Lady!). :yesway:

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    IMO the show was horrible. Looked like a flea market in there. Mostly old milsurp rifles. What hand guns where at the show was 25-50% above market price. Only nice stuff there was Brad's Knifes table.

TK312

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Cicero
    I also attended this morning. I did pick up some 38 Special reloads at a decent price for my wife's handgun, it was the first .38 I'd seen period in probably six weeks - bought three boxes.

Best part of the show for me was meeting the gang from Brad's Knives (with the Knife Lady!). :yesway:

Was a good little show. Got some .45 reloads and found some 223 for $16 for 20 rounds. PMC brand. Meeting the gang from Brad's was a nice bonus.

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    I am set up at the Muncie show---saw lots of money changing hands---constant crowd all day---I BOUGHT some powder,and primers--found some decent prices on bullets,(6mm,and 7mm)---one dealer had 50 thousand Sellier and Beloit primers,at 25.00 pr thousand--some powder at 25.00lb-ALL were gone by noon------several guns in and out----I was busy enough that I didnt get to look much---only on trips to the RR-------several dies,and bullet moulds------

I have done well at the Muncie,and Tipton shows

tallend

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    The dealers were still dreaming with their AR prices.

Yep, there are a lot of hard headed guys/dealers out there. Just because they saw one exactly like theirs sell for "X" number of dollars, they think theirs will bring the same, even though the climate has shifted.
    That's why it takes so long for the prices to get back to "normal".

Prices are getting back to reality, except of .22lr ammo, and that will too.
    I guess I should say ammo in general, but it will come back around.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom