• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I`m not a fan of this governor, nor am I pleased with the overstepping of government during this Covid ordeal. I`ll have to research before I can decide exactly how I feel about this, but, my knee jerk reaction is that I`m pleased to have the governor throttled.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You guys sure he isn't a Democrat? Because he sure wants to drastically overplay his hand. Hopefully the Whitmer wannabes just get smacked down harder when they can no longer evade the issues

Last edited:

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    hopefully this will wake hoosiers up to the fact Holcomb is and always has been a RINO but sadly, I doubt it

on the merits of the case, however, how can the executive branch argue the legislative branch doesnt have the authority to take away power it has granted to the executive branch?

in other words, if it was constitutional to grant the executive branch emergency government powers then it absolutely must be constitutional to remove or modify those same emergency powers.

therefore, if it is unconstitutional for the legislature to remove or modify those emergency powers, then it therefore must be that it was never constitutional to grant the executive branch emergency powers in the first place

Last edited:

defaultdotxbe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Griffith
    hopefully this will wake hoosiers up to the fact Holcomb is and always has been a RINO but sadly, I doubt it

on the merits of the case, however, how can the executive branch argue the legislative branch doesnt have the authority to take away power it has granted to the executive branch?

in other words, if it was constitutional to grant the executive branch emergency government powers then it absolutely must be constitutional to remove or modify those same emergency powers.

therefore, if it is unconstitutional for the legislature to remove or modify those emergency powers, then it therefore must be that it was never constitutional to grant the executive branch emergency powers in the first place
    The argument seems to be that the executive's emergency powers were granted by the state constitution, not the legislature, therefore the legislature doesn't have the authority to remove or modify the powers

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I`m not a fan of this governor, nor am I pleased with the overstepping of government during this Covid ordeal. I`ll have to research before I can decide exactly how I feel about this, but, my knee jerk reaction is that I`m pleased to have the governor throttled.

I can hear the cash registers at the law firms ringing, campaign donation favors being called in and taxpayers paying both ways.

Always follow the money

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville

Really, using logic? Against a wannabe dictator? How silly can you be!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Holcomb is a tyrant. Be nice to recall him. But is he wrong? I don’t mean, is he wrong principally. Is he wrong that the constitution gives him the sole authority on emergency orders? If the state constitution gives him that authority, then he’s going to win.

Oh. And In before certain lawyers posting incorrect spelling of “rights”.

chevyguy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    The argument seems to be that the executive's emergency powers were granted by the state constitution, not the legislature, therefore the legislature doesn't have the authority to remove or modify the powers
    I just read through this link to the current state constitution and I didn’t see where the state constitution granted emergency him powers.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom