• ...and so much more!
  • Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I received a Ruger LCR today and am VERY IMPRESSED with this revolver. I think Ruger has another hit on their hands; this gun will satisfy the customer who wants more stopping power then the .380 offers. It shoots P+ and is impressive with its light weight. Not sure how it will shoot and seeing it is for sale I best not take it to the range. If I saw this first I would not have bought the LCP and bought the LCR instead. I have it listed with specs and more photos on my Richards Guns INGO Forum page if you have not seen this gun up close.

picture.php

mkelsey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Springville
    I got to play with one of these at Cosner's in Bedford a couple weeks ago, and I agree that it seems like a great light little gun. The only thing I did not like about it was the CTC grips, on something that small it is to easy (for me at least) to cover up the laser by holding it normally.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I liked the standard grip feel

I got to play with one of these at Cosner's in Bedford a couple weeks ago, and I agree that it seems like a great light little gun. The only thing I did not like about it was the CTC grips, on something that small it is to easy (for me at least) to cover up the laser by holding it normally.

I have not seen nor held one of these with a CT grip so can't make a judgement on this but I did feel the standard grips feel good for my hand comparing it to other revolvers I own. Seeing how it feels when you shoot it is the true test.

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis

The standard Hogue's are better than the the Laser Grips. It's a good piece overall and quite accurate!

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    The gun feels great in the hand, and has a wonderful trigger pull. Ruger starts putting that trigger unit on their other revolvers, and S&Ws supremacy in the "trigger pull" part of revolver evaluations will be seriously threatened.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Question

The gun feels great in the hand, and has a wonderful trigger pull. Ruger starts putting that trigger unit on their other revolvers, and S&Ws supremacy in the "trigger pull" part of revolver evaluations will be seriously threatened.

Joe, I take it you shot the LCR, how did you like the recoil? I had a S&W Sigma 380 and that gave my hand a work out so I assume you would not want to shoot several boxes at one sitting.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Joe, I take it you shot the LCR, how did you like the recoil? I had a S&W Sigma 380 and that gave my hand a work out so I assume you would not want to shoot several boxes at one sitting.

No, just got to dry fire one a dealer had. I've read it's pleasant to shoot, but I'd have to experience that to really believe it. As you know, it doesn't weigh a thing, even though it does feel good.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    The weight is not my interest, it is the trigger. I keep thinking of replacing my 642 just because of the trigger. If this solves that problem, then I am interested.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    The weight is not my interest, it is the trigger. I keep thinking of replacing my 642 just because of the trigger. If this solves that problem, then I am interested.

It's worth hunting one down and seeing if you like it. I think they are running about $400.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Last edited:

darngolf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    I just bought one a couple of weeks ago. I have not had a chance to shoot it yet due to an injury, but the trigger feels good and the grip feels much better than the comparable smiths I was looking at. Much more pocket friendly than my sp101 and more potent than the lcp.

Top Bottom