• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trusite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    The Break Room
    Springfield Armory XD-9 bitone of course :)

springfield001.jpg

my dream gun is finally in my hands! or on my night stand! cant wait to get my license next week with some shooting practice with my new gun :rockwoot:

Last edited:

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    Just need to go back over that second rule again.

Other than that, pistol looks great....

OK EDIT.... RULE THREE in the link bwframe posted.

Last edited:

RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    Just need to go back over that second rule again.

Other than that, pistol looks great....

OK EDIT.... RULE THREE in the link bwframe posted.

As well as Rule 2 when at the range....holding it up and in the direction you are in the pic might offend the person in the lane next to you. :):

Just kidding, kind of.....

But NICE XD, I have one myself!

Last edited:

GetA2J

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Terre Haute,Indiana
    Austin, That gun looks great!!!!
    Remember trigger discipline...
    No, we are NOT hounding you but the four rules of firearms handling should be followed at ALL times!!!!
    Now get out there and get some training, AND LOTS of pactice.
    I suggest making all the organized matches as possible. There you will be forced into safe gun handling practices as well as a bunch of hands-on, sights-on familiarity practice.

Springfield XD is one of the finest guns around. I shoot one at most all of the competitions I go to. (only mine is an ugly all black 5" barelled tacticool model)

trusite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    The Break Room
    i go to the range and shoot with my dad so its not like i dont know how to shoot well!! and im showing my gun off in the picture!! gees you people are legalistic! im guessing none of you have gone over the speed limit and have ALWAYS obeyed the 4 rules..

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    i go to the range and shoot with my dad so its not like i dont know how to shoot well!! and im showing my gun off in the picture!! gees you people are legalistic! im guessing none of you have gone over the speed limit and have ALWAYS obeyed the 4 rules..

Not trying to get on your bad side here, but that's the kind of attitude that can get you or others hurt. Experienced people that know what they are talking about are trying to help you. You really should head what could be life saving advice.

trusite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    The Break Room
    i took advice that was given too me correctly via private message! i just spent more than half my summer wages (aka roofing) to get this new gun so im a bit excited over it. sry for that!! :noway: ill take advice when its given in a correct manner!

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Congratulations on the new XD. I've got the XD .45 and really enjoy shooting it.

There are a ton of knowledgeable people on this forum who just want to make sure you enjoy and handle your new firearm safely.

Enjoy and be safe.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Hmmm... too bad the kid's got such a bad attitude when given honest safety advice along with complements about his gun. I guess all of us old timers will have to learn what the "correct manner" is. :rolleyesedit:

UPDATE: The "kid" and I talked via P.M.. He's a good guy that appreciates safety. He's OK in my book!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
    :cheers:

Last edited:

trusite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    The Break Room
    Congratulations on the new XD. I've got the XD .45 and really enjoy shooting it.

There are a ton of knowledgeable people on this forum who just want to make sure you enjoy and handle your new firearm safely.

Enjoy and be safe.

yeah i've noticed!! thx guys :rockwoot:

Last edited:

turkeykiller

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    lafayette
    Hmmm... too bad the kid's got such a bad attitude when given honest safety advice along with complements about his gun. I guess all of us old timers will have to learn what the "correct manner" is. :rolleyesedit:
    :cheers:

This kid... is my son and he does not have a bad attitude. He made a mistake. I have never seen him point his pistols in the wrong direction or have his finger on the trigger when handing a gun. I think while trying to photograph himself he messed up and did not realize it. The first two post corrected him and and he received a very polite pm that was class act. He got the point after that. Then everyone wanted to jump on the wagon.

All of us old timers have made mistakes when we were young that's how we are wiser now. He will not make this mistake again! He was just excited about his first pistol that he purchased. I think he's more upset with himself.

p.s. Crystalship1 if you ever in Lafayette and want to shoot at flatcreek I would love for you to meet my son in person and get to know him.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This kid... is my son and he does not have a bad attitude. He made a mistake. I have never seen him point his pistols in the wrong direction or have his finger on the trigger when handing a gun. I think while trying to photograph himself he messed up and did not realize it. The first two post corrected him and and he received a very polite pm that was class act. He got the point after that. Then everyone wanted to jump on the wagon.

My apologies to you and your son if my comments were taken as rude or offensive. They weren't meant to offend. However, safety is an issue that cannot be overemphasized. Yes, we all made mistakes when we were young and we learned from it. Hopefully, we can pass that along to the next generation so they won't have to.

I buried a couple classmates in high school. One was shot with an "unloaded gun," the other was from the absence of trigger discipline.

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    they do not seem to be out of line in any remarks made they are just trying to pass on a lil knowledge and nothing is wrong with that no one was rude or im polite the reason some one said the bad aptitude comment is because some of his posts seem very defensive

Last edited:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Ok guys, The very important point about safety has been made and now lets get back to talking about the XD.

Top Bottom