• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I really like it. I have no intention of adding a bunch of stuff to the front so the long clean look really stands out from the more tactical builds. Rails can be added as necessary to accomodate accessories. It makes the barrel look longer than it is though, but I like it :)

Nicely done. That's an interesting handguard. I'd like to know your thoughts on it.

Just in case you actually check back in :whistle:

Taurahe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Greenwood
    Just in case you actually check back in :whistle:

I check in lol.. I am a busy busy beaver!!!!
    Nicely done. That's an interesting handguard. I'd like to know your thoughts on it.
    I have not had a chance to shoot it but playing with it, I really like it. It is narrower than a standard military style forend, and much narrower than a lot of the magpull furniture I have played with. I really like the way it lies in my hand, enough I am going to remove the AFG and play with it for a few days. I will say this about it... it adds some weight. It is aluminum and gives the rifle some heft compared to a gun with polymer furniture IMO. It is almost deceptively weighty, not in a bad way, just by looking at it one would expect it to weigh less than it does. It does balance the rifle nicely for me. I will be able to evaluate it further once I get some lead downrange.

Bluejeeper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I check in lol.. I am a busy busy beaver!!!!

I have not had a chance to shoot it but playing with it, I really like it. It is narrower than a standard military style forend, and much narrower than a lot of the magpull furniture I have played with. I really like the way it lies in my hand, enough I am going to remove the AFG and play with it for a few days. I will say this about it... it adds some weight. It is aluminum and gives the rifle some heft compared to a gun with polymer furniture IMO. It is almost deceptively weighty, not in a bad way, just by looking at it one would expect it to weigh less than it does. It does balance the rifle nicely for me. I will be able to evaluate it further once I get some lead downrange.

That was pointed toward BCMPatriot, cuz you already answered the question he asked. My bad for not specifying! :facepalm: I'll get the hang on this stuff one day....I hope

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013

I've got the same one (only shorter). The angled cuts on the bottom give a good purchase. I also like the smaller diameter and triangular shape. Seems to fit my hand well.

I don't hang much off of my rifle, so I like the handguards that allow you to bolt on small sections of rail wherever you actually need them, and leave the rest smooth and comfortable.

The barrel nut they use is awesome. There's no clocking the nut, so you just bring it to torque, and that's it. It's also longer than a standard one and seems to have a lot of contact area with the handguard, so it feels pretty sturdy.

Mine freefloated the barrel fine (had to file down the bottom of my YHM low profile bolt on gas block a bit). Seems sturdy, it was well priced, and has a lifetime warranty. I'd say get one and give it a try if you're interested. I won't be getting rid of mine.

I really can't say enough good about it. The only downfall was that I had to very minorly modify my gas block to get the barrel to freefloat.

BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn
    I've got the same one (only shorter). The angled cuts on the bottom give a good purchase. I also like the smaller diameter and triangular shape. Seems to fit my hand well.

I don't hang much off of my rifle, so I like the handguards that allow you to bolt on small sections of rail wherever you actually need them, and leave the rest smooth and comfortable.

The barrel nut they use is awesome. There's no clocking the nut, so you just bring it to torque, and that's it. It's also longer than a standard one and seems to have a lot of contact area with the handguard, so it feels pretty sturdy.

Mine freefloated the barrel fine (had to file down the bottom of my YHM low profile bolt on gas block a bit). Seems sturdy, it was well priced, and has a lifetime warranty. I'd say get one and give it a try if you're interested. I won't be getting rid of mine.

I really can't say enough good about it. The only downfall was that I had to very minorly modify my gas block to get the barrel to freefloat.
    I use the KMR currently so I'm not in the market for a hand guard. But by the sound of what you're describing it doesn't seem like a bad concept. It essentially does what the KMR does.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I use the KMR currently so I'm not in the market for a hand guard. But by the sound of what you're describing it doesn't seem like a bad concept. It essentially does what the KMR does.

Yup. Same thing as a KMR, except it opens up the design space even more. If all you want is a tube and to hang some stuff off of it, a KMR is hard to beat. The arrowhead has some funky geometry, and a KM system wouldn't work with it.

The only downside is that you have to get the little bolt on rail sections (arrowhead sells them separately, but some companies include them). If you lose them and want to bolt something on, you're out of luck. KMR's, there's no little rail pieces to lose.

I'm just glad I don't have to screw with those giant uncomfortable quad rail's anymore.

Taurahe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Greenwood
    No idea.... Havent been able to get to the range yet. I just picked up 200 rounds today but with my luck it wont be until next week I get to shoot it. Hopefully it will shoot as good as it looks

Top Bottom