• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The tax money that PP received supplemented low income and poor individuals so they could pay less for their visits and birth control and actually be able to afford it. there wasn't even enough tax money to cover the need for that. By legislation, the money could not be used to supplement or pay for abortions.

Assuming facts not in evidence (that the money is kept complete separate AND that the money is traceable such that PP in fact does not use it to perform the abortions), the bottom line is that PP operates on a given budget. So much of that money goes to this, and so much of that money goes to that. By having the federal funds supplement the non-abortion services provided by PP, it frees up other monies to be moved to the abortion services category.

It doesn't matter how you slice the pie, federal funds are still supporting the abortions.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Assuming facts not in evidence (that the money is kept complete separate AND that the money is traceable such that PP in fact does not use it to perform the abortions), the bottom line is that PP operates on a given budget. So much of that money goes to this, and so much of that money goes to that. By having the federal funds supplement the non-abortion services provided by PP, it frees up other monies to be moved to the abortion services category.

It doesn't matter how you slice the pie, federal funds are still supporting the abortions.

Finally! Someone that understands the shell game played by Planned (Non)Parenthood.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    If we were to implement simple drug, alcohol, and tobacco testing for anyone receiving government aid and make them show up for community service (street sweeping, ditch cleaning, etc.) and instantly disqualify anyone with any traces of these substances in their bodies or failure to show, I'd bet 95% of our handout problem would be eliminated. I'm tired of working my a$$ off, only to be classified as a greater source of revenue for the government so they can redistribute my hard-earned property to those that won't/don't work as hard as I do or assume the level of risk that I do. Hold people accountable for their actions. :patriot:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Nice move for Gov. Daniels. It's time to make irresponsible people responsible for having children they don't want to take care of.

There's a contradiction in terms. Let's make potential children pay for the mistakes of their parents, sounds like great policy to me.

Me, I'd rather see fewer children conceived by people who should never be parents or who are not ready to be parents. More conceptions will equal more abortions whether abortion is legal or not. It will also mean more children born into filth and squalor to be abused or killed.

The very few million invested meant the prevention of far more cost to the state (one way or another) in the longer run. But that's ok, after Ol' Mitch finishes selling off the state, whoever bought it will bear the cost since it's going to affect Indiana long after Mitch has wrung everything he can out of it.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Let nature work its course. Yes innocent children will suffer, but in the long run people will become less dependent on others. It is not my responsibility to take care of other peoples kids and I will not feel guilty about. This is just like war, there will be collateral damage. Not my family, not my problem. Sorry if this offends anyone. Not really

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    Let nature work its course. Yes innocent children will suffer, but in the long run people will become less dependent on others. It is not my responsibility to take care of other peoples kids and I will not feel guilty about. This is just like war, there will be collateral damage. Not my family, not my problem. Sorry if this offends anyone. Not really
    The problem is, even without all the other welfare programs, you will still pay for the unwanted children. They are more likely to grow up to be the ones robbing you, in prison (still being supported by you)

Unwanted kids, born into poverty, to parents who obviously weren't responsible to begin with, tend to not grow up to be CEOs and Rocket Scientists. Statistically speaking. You change your oil so you don't have to replace the engine and pay more, planned parenthood is the oil change so you aren't paying to support someone else.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    Finally! Someone that understands the shell game played by Planned (Non)Parenthood.
    the way tax money is used at planned parenthood is pretty straight forward. People who use PP are billed based on their income. almost none pay the "full price"
    Say a procedure/checkup whatever costs PP $100
    The person coming in is only required to pay $10 based on their income.
    That leaves $90 unpaid. Ideally the tax money would cover this amount, but the funding doesn't cover the demand so say $60 would be covered, and $30 would come from other donations.

The money doesn't go to supplement PP's budget for abortions, it goes to supplement those using the services so they can make it affordable. It is a not-for-profit organization. Yes you can argue that any support helps keep them in business to do abortions but not really. Way more children are placed for adoption through PP than are aborted.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    anybody that can pierce the skull of an infant and then collapse their skull with a vacuum and then rip them from their environment is not someone I want any funding to go to. I don't care what other "good" works they do. I've seen the films and Hitler loved his dogs.

"While there are cases where even the law recognizes an abortion as justifiable if recommended by a physician, I assert that the hundreds of thousands of abortions performed in America each year are a disgrace to civilization"

Margret Sanger founder of Planned Parenthood

Woman and the New Race (1920)

+1. I agree

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    the way tax money is used at planned parenthood is pretty straight forward. People who use PP are billed based on their income. almost none pay the "full price"
    Say a procedure/checkup whatever costs PP $100
    The person coming in is only required to pay $10 based on their income.
    That leaves $90 unpaid. Ideally the tax money would cover this amount, but the funding doesn't cover the demand so say $60 would be covered, and $30 would come from other donations.

The money doesn't go to supplement PP's budget for abortions, it goes to supplement those using the services so they can make it affordable. It is a not-for-profit organization. Yes you can argue that any support helps keep them in business to do abortions but not really. Way more children are placed for adoption through PP than are aborted.

Any money PP takes in for subsidizing ANY of its services helps PP perform the abortions by not requiring them to make a choice about where to put limited funds. This really isn't rocket science. No different than the mom on welfare who is supposed to be able to buy only certain things with her EBT card. Fine, she'll only buy the approved items with her EBT card. Section 8 funding is only used for rent. Fine, she'll only use it for rent. But all the money she gets from any other source is now freed up to go wherever the hell she wants it. Assuming for the sake of argument that the mom would actually spend her money on the requirements before the luxuries, not having the entitlement funds means she is less likely to have monies left over for the luxuries (in our analogy, abortion). But having the entitlement funds frees up whatever money she gets from alternative sources to pay for the luxuries because the needs have already been met.

PP doesn't have a separate bank account with a separate business that prevents the commingling of the funds. Ergo, it ALL helps them perform the abortions.

Do you have a source for the adoptions statistics? Of all the services provided by PP, I question the prevalence of adoption in terms of numbers of babies affected.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Way more children are placed for adoption through PP than are aborted.

Not according to PP. I took it upon myself to check the stats. You need to find a new source.

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/files/PPFA/PP_Services.pdf

Abortion services--3% of services in 2009
    Abortions performed: 332,278

"Other services"--1% of services in 2009
    Adoption referrals to other agencies: 997

On what planet is 997 greater than, let alone "way more," than 332,278? :dunno:

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    Any money PP takes in for subsidizing ANY of its services helps PP perform the abortions by not requiring them to make a choice about where to put limited funds. This really isn't rocket science. No different than the mom on welfare who is supposed to be able to buy only certain things with her EBT card. Fine, she'll only buy the approved items with her EBT card. Section 8 funding is only used for rent. Fine, she'll only use it for rent. But all the money she gets from any other source is now freed up to go wherever the hell she wants it. Assuming for the sake of argument that the mom would actually spend her money on the requirements before the luxuries, not having the entitlement funds means she is less likely to have monies left over for the luxuries (in our analogy, abortion). But having the entitlement funds frees up whatever money she gets from alternative sources to pay for the luxuries because the needs have already been met.

PP doesn't have a separate bank account with a separate business that prevents the commingling of the funds. Ergo, it ALL helps them perform the abortions.

Do you have a source for the adoptions statistics? Of all the services provided by PP, I question the prevalence of adoption in terms of numbers of babies affected.
    from this article
    Five myths about Planned Parenthood - The Washington Post
    I was wrong about the more adoptions than abortions, I was reading 2 different pages and sections and just took in the numbers wrong.
    Current services, by the numbers
    http://www.plannedparenthood.org/files/PPFA/PP_Services.pdf
    They still get my support.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    Any money PP takes in for subsidizing ANY of its services helps PP perform the abortions by not requiring them to make a choice about where to put limited funds.

Ahhhhhh....
    Someone who understands opportunity cost as it relates to funding these programs. +1 to you 88GT!

I'm all for avoiding an unwanted child, but what is the origin of my debt to sexually irresponsible people? What's the origin of my debt to their children they bring into the world without being able to care for them?
    Why am I compelled, under threat of incarceration, by my representatives in government to fund generation after generation of irresponsibility and then told it's for MY good?

The gravy-train and the votes keep rolling......

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have a problem being forced to pay anyone else's bills for anything.

Good for the IN legislature for pushing this through. I don't care what the money is for. Any redistrubtion is wrong.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'm getting closer to forgiving Mitch for daylight saving... :xmad:

I really don't care if the money is being stolen to fix cleft palates. If I care about a cause which needs donations, I'll donate. The reprehensible thing about Planned Parenthood is that they do support abortions...something about half of our nations abhors. Regardless of your stance on abortion, it's simply unjust to steal their money & give it to such an organization.

Hey, I'll give money to people in need. I'd just like to do it of my own free will. When they force me to do it at the point of a gun they make a victim out of me and a thief out of themselves.

What could have been an act of love becomes an act of oppression.

Well said Dross.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    There's another problem with the charity-by-law formula. People who are being helped by other people's money should know they are receiving charity, not their "just due." When it's mandated by law, the people who receive the help have no sense of gratitude. They're just signing up for what's "rightfully theirs" in their view. When you recieve a gift that someone doesn't have to give you, it tends to foster gratitude and a desire not to have to go hat in hand to receive someone else's benevolence.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    im kind of disappointed all those smoking hot poor women floating around are going to be losing their birth control. :(

Bowman78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Camby
    so?????????

are all that in favor of defunding planned parenthood in support of defunding the CIB and its charities??? lucas oil stadium and conseco fieldhouse and the pacers and the colts and oh, the hoosier dome.... the one we're still paying for!!!!!!!!!!!! just wondering??????

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    are all that in favor of defunding planned parenthood in support of defunding the CIB and its charities??? lucas oil stadium and conseco fieldhouse and the pacers and the colts and oh, the hoosier dome.... the one we're still paying for!!!!!!!!!!!! just wondering??????
    Defund them all. If they cannot support themselves, then BYE BYE

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom