Good Experience with Female IMPD officer.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greeper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    I found the pic:

20pwpar.jpg

That was...that was....**shudder**... SO wrong...:puke:

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I'll probably get flamed for this but I don't really care!

Why is it when some of you post a good or bad carry expeience with the police, you were breaking some kind of law. The OP of this thread was stopped for expired plates, a guy two or three months ago was stopped for 85-90 mph in a 55mph zone [he would have gone to jail if I was the officer], etc., etc., etc.

I personally don't think any experience is good if you are stopped by the police. We all claim to be up to date on the gun laws, what about traffic laws? Come on guys, slow the hell down and when your new license plate stickers come in the mail get off your ass and take the 30 seconds it takes to put it on!

GunsNstuff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    You would be surprised what criminals tell cops...

The million dollar question that you wil get asked here is: Why did you disclose you had a firearm - especially since she did not ask yet?

I didn't want her to see it on her own and then get nervous and maybe shoot me. I don't mind if the police know I am armed if I am pulled over.

GunsNstuff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'll probably get flamed for this but I don't really care!

Why is it when some of you post a good or bad carry expeience with the police, you were breaking some kind of law. The OP of this thread was stopped for expired plates, a guy two or three months ago was stopped for 85-90 mph in a 55mph zone [he would have gone to jail if I was the officer], etc., etc., etc.

I personally don't think any experience is good if you are stopped by the police. We all claim to be up to date on the gun laws, what about traffic laws? Come on guys, slow the hell down and when your new license plate stickers come in the mail get off your ass and take the 30 seconds it takes to put it on!

I doubt anyone, police included, is as passionate about traffic laws as I am. People that don't use their turn signals belong in prison for several years so they can think about how the road is a road, not a go-cart track, and being an idiot on it kills thousands of people a year. But anyway, it was raining the day I got the sticker and the plates weren't expired then. I just forgot. it happens.

I think it was a good experience because I have been harassed by police in the past that treated me like a dangerous criminal just because they were either scared for whatever reason or because they have a God complex and don't know the laws that they are charged with enforcing. This was a nice experience compared to those.

Last edited:

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Then she asked, "sir, do you mind if I pat you down.."

Man are such pigs. Yeah, I know, bacon comes from pigs. So, eat me. (Can I say that here?) I hate myself..I hate myself..I hate myself..I hate myself..I hate myself..

BradleyMP2011

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2012
    Even if an officer doesn't ask if there are weapons in the car, it is always polite to inform them. Makes their job easier.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Even if an officer doesn't ask if there are weapons in the car, it is always polite to inform them. Makes their job easier.

Asking them to follow me home and search my house might make their jobs easier as well, but common politeness does not typically require me to waive any of my actual rights.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    I'm not entirely sure if I do or not

...I've lost so many things around the house over the years, it might be a good idea to let someone ransack the place. :D

Good idea, I may have to go set off some tannerite out back and wait for them to show up and invite them in for a legal search so I can find that dang remote control for the tv. :whistle:

cartmanfan15

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Seymour, IN
    Maybe it will take me being rudely accosted by an LEO to develop these "data points." I have yet to be treated rudely by an LEO that would force me to feel the need to only tell them what they need to know, don't give up squat, however else you want to put it to show that it is within your rights not to have to reveal anything and you should ascertain that right. I simply agree with the OP that it was a good experience and that it may have defused what could have been a more difficult situation if the officer saw the gun and immediately became defensive.

Top Bottom