• ...and so much more!
  • darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    $500

For $500 you have alot of options. I would not be to quick about spending your cash. Wait,do research,look for a good deals and handle as many guns as possible. INGO classifieds have alot of guns for sale.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    A friend of mine has suggested a used Sig 225, which is quite a bit lower on the price range (but that doesn't bother me). Anyone have comments on that?

Personally, I wouldn't care for the limited capacity the 225 offers. You will also find weaker aftermarket support. Otherwise, like every other Sig, its G2G.

phrozen5100

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    IN
    I second the call for the Taurus 809. The 800 series and 24/7 OSS Taurus guns are of surprisingly good quality.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Hate to be a total Bersa fan boi here, but...a Bersa 9 HiCap. Two 17rd mags, accessory rail, utterly reliable and you will still have $150 left for ammo and accessories.

Or the Bersa 9 Compact is a 13rd capacity with 2 mags for about the same price in a smaller package.

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'd go with fit over perceived concealability. I bought the G17 over the 19 because it fits my hand perfectly. I carry it very comfortably OWB. The longer barrel makes it easier to be accurate and carrying with 17 rounds on board is hard to beat.

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    Of the guns that I've owned that fit your criteria...I had a Glock 17c, but I just couldn't make myself like it. Still, it'd be nice first handgun. Fondle and shoot one first.
    The M&P is another good choice.
    The used Sig P225 I have is a German police trade in called the P6. I love it.
    The Makarov is a nice little pistol and is the most concealable.
    I also have a Ruger SR9 that is an excellent pistol and a CZ-85B that is probably my favorite 9mm (the P6 is real real close.)
    And finally in the cool category is the Walther P.38 or the P.1. I'd probably carry the P.1 if I had too though.
    Sorry if I was no help. :D But there are lots of good choices out there for you.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    You can get a new Sig for under $500? Is the SIGPro as nice as their metal guns? I'm addicted to Sigs, but they are too pricey for me right now. I do miss my P239, though.

sig pro's are every bit as nice as the all metal guns just ask the DEA;) but seriously it's my carry gun and have not had one issue with it other then getting used to the takedown. it's a great shooter, concealable, and accurate.

finding a sig 226 used is possible, and imo the best 9mm out there. finding one for 500 will take some time but it can be done.

this is true, the first sig I bought was a 226 for $420 with a crimson trace grip(not that CT adds to the pistol other than $$$)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom