• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    I've bought my share of vehicles over the years. I don't like the games they play, additions to the sale, etc. Most recently, I had a local dealership that I enjoyed working with. Pretty small, so selection was a little narrow. But I enjoyed the experience of dealing with them. No added fees. No added junk like paint protection, or flashing brake lights. No back and forth haggling. I guess I'd bought enough vehicles there that I just dealt with the sales manager whenever I wanted something.

Unfortunately, they sold the dealership out, and things have changed.

So, I'm looking to see if anyone knows of a GM dealer in Indiana (northern preferably) that is small, rural, minus all the extras. I'm committed to GM, so that's all I'm looking for.

usmcdjb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Wabash County
    I enjoyed doing business with Dick Krieg in Delphi, bought several cars from them. They have now been bought by another small dealer, Mann Chevrolet. Haven't bought another car yet, but the few times I've browsed they seemed sensible.
    Thanks for the info. Talked to them last weekend, and visited today. No add-ons on the price. No back and forth with the salesman running to the sales manager. Even though we didn't strike a deal this time, I'm sure we will in the future.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    IMO, the best approach is to widen your search. I've bought mostly GM-vehicles, and the majority were from out-of-state. Figure out what exact car you want, find the several dealerships who sell the most volume, and negotiate entirely via email. When I lived in Illinois, I bought a Corvette in Indianapolis (Bill Estes Chevy), a GTO in Greenwood (Tom Wood Pontiac) and a Corvette in Ohio (Coughlin Chevy). The only thing that matters is the price.

brentlacy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2018
    Rockville
    Greg Hubler in Marion is pretty decent.
    Service department folks have been pretty good folks.
    There has been a bit of a shake up close to the top, but Greg is still in charge and a good guy. He tends to have a little different way of doing things than the rest of the family that has dealerships.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've bought my share of vehicles over the years. I don't like the games they play, additions to the sale, etc. Most recently, I had a local dealership that I enjoyed working with. Pretty small, so selection was a little narrow. But I enjoyed the experience of dealing with them. No added fees. No added junk like paint protection, or flashing brake lights. No back and forth haggling. I guess I'd bought enough vehicles there that I just dealt with the sales manager whenever I wanted something.

Unfortunately, they sold the dealership out, and things have changed.

So, I'm looking to see if anyone knows of a GM dealer in Indiana (northern preferably) that is small, rural, minus all the extras. I'm committed to GM, so that's all I'm looking for.
    By far the easiest way to avoid the non-sense is to know what you want and what it should cost before talking to a salesperson. I've purchased from local and out of state dealers this way. Always made it clear at the start that I was interested in their car but only at the right out the door price. One of the out of state dealers even offered to bring the car from Ohio to me as part of the deal. Most dealers now days will get a kick back from their financing options. If you're going to go with outside financing or even cash just make sure there are no pre-payment penalties, take their financing and then either immediately re-finance with your own source or pay it off. You can do all this within a week to ten days of the purchase and thus only paying days worth of interest. They will sometimes still ask if I want the extras, but a simple no thank you has been all that was required.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Greg Hubler in Marion is pretty decent.
    Service department folks have been pretty good folks.
    There has been a bit of a shake up close to the top, but Greg is still in charge and a good guy. He tends to have a little different way of doing things than the rest of the family that has dealerships.
    Every Hubler dealership I've been to claims to do business different than the other family members and bad mouths the others. I think it's just their shtick. They all still know how to charge big $ for service.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    If you're going to go with outside financing or even cash just make sure there are no pre-payment penalties, take their financing and then either immediately re-finance with your own source or pay it off.
    Years of conventional wisdom..."cash is king", buy at end of month, etc., all seem on pause. Plenty of dealers still not excited by anything but in-house financing. Last year, had multiple dealers flat-out refused to order a new car for my wife unless she had a trade. She called a few bluffs, and they didn't crack. They aren't even really selling cars anymore, the cars are just incidental.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Thanks for the info. Talked to them last weekend, and visited today. No add-ons on the price. No back and forth with the salesman running to the sales manager. Even though we didn't strike a deal this time, I'm sure we will in the future.
    Talk to Tony if you want a truck. I, my dad, uncle and cousin have bought several trucks over the years from him. Good guy.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    About six months ago we had excellent luck with the GM dealership in Bloomington. I normally avoid Bloomington like the plague, but it was worth going there for the service and price that they gave us.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom