Glocks sucks even more, .45acp's going Kaboom now...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Anyone with a G21 who is concerned, please contact me and I will pick it up and put it in my safe...errrrrrrrrr...I mean, someplace safe. :D

yogiboobooranger

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.1%
    53   1   0
    May 16, 2008
    La Porte
    I echo miguel, send me your Glocks and I will dispose of them for you..LOL!!

Anyone with a G21 who is concerned, please contact me and I will pick it up and put it in my safe...errrrrrrrrr...I mean, someplace safe.
    biggrin.gif

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove

from the article:

"Until the explosion, Ward said he was unaware there were ever any issues with the Glock .45 caliber handguns that all 14 officers in the city are issued, he said.

The guns, some 10 years old, were all every well maintained, Ward said. There are .45 caliber guns built as long ago as World War II that still work very well, he said."

How VERY true!! There are many many thousands of .45 caliber handguns from WWI, and even WWi, that are carried daily, and which function flawlessly. However, not ONE of them is a Glock. There is NOT ONE working Glock from WWII.

:): :popcorn: :patriot:

paulgl26

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    MOKENA
    it was a 10 year old gun
    it had to be ammo related
    and do a google search on kaboom you will find all brands of handguns do that
    just use good ammo and wear safety glasses

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Last edited:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    it was a 10 year old gun
    it had to be ammo related
    and do a google search on kaboom you will find all brands of handguns do that
    just use good ammo and wear safety glasses

Yes. HAD to be ammo. Because Glock Perfection wouldn't allow this to happen. :rolleyes:

It's true, there have been kabooms with all kinds of handguns. But Glock .40s and .45 GAPs have a problem. They blow up way more than they should, and all the blaming of everything but the guns by fanboys simply can't change that. Nor will it cause Glock to fix the frigging problem, which would merely take a a tighter, supported chamber. But, Glock refuses to address the issue, and are allowed to get away with it by their zombies.

JOC... can anyone point me to a kaboom from a Glock with an aftermarket barrel with a properly supported chamber?

The article doesn't say, but I've gotta guess that the guns in question are .45 GAP. A kaboom from a .45 ACP Glock would be a true anomoly.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Was wondering the same. Whether it was the ACP or GAP. I would hope it wasn't the ACP, but unless times flies faster than I realize, I wouldn't of thought the GAP has been around 10 years yet.

vietboy1st

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Boston, MAss
    haha. i saw a video of a M4a1 blew a part after dumped it in the water. Aslo an AK 47 upper receiver flew out and hit the shooter in the head.
    Right... Somebody needs to replace their internal parts.

Top Bottom