• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    I tend to agree with the original poster. I think the price of used handguns these days has gotten out of hand. Used to be that used guns sold for 25% to 50% less than new. Then again I think the same thing about trucks. A half ton doesn't have $20k worth of utility in it, let alone $40k. I also grease with most others response: I just don't buy them. When I find something that's a good price I spend the money otherwise I keep it in my pocket.

Speaking of trucks the same case could apply to the diesel world. These guys want $10k plus on a truck with 350K miles on it and they always say "thats a half million mile engine." Well what about the rest of the moving parts? Axles, transmission, transfer case so on. Bottom line is you got a 350K mile worn out piece of @#$% thats really only worth $2000 at most. Rebuilding all that ain't cheap or easy. I just got done doing that on a jeep of mine spent $25K and I did it all myself, that was just parts. I did do some upgrades though from stock air lockers front and rear and so on haha.

Anyways a little off topic but the prices on used diesel pickups BURN me up!

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    Ask my friend TRIGGER TIME, he just got this:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...lvers/449935-glock-19-gen-2-night-sights.html

Nice deal, sweet pistol.

Maybe he can tell us why he purchased it, must have had value to him?

I think I will pull my G-19 gen 2 out of the safe for next weeks range session, my G-22 gen 3 is my todays range choice.

Good shape for its age but other than collector purposes I just cant see the price in it. But if thats what you like collecting :dunno:

SPOOK331945

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2018
    Southern IN
    I own a glock and it’s ugly as sin not my first choice of gun. Not interesting it’s just a plastic and metal tool that does nothing really for me. The best thing that ever been produce and uses the term model 19 is a smith and Wesson 357 mag. The glock shelf life is still to be Determined because how long the frame will last years to come and the steel taken care of will last forever. Plus a blue or nickle or stainless gun is so sexy compared to other modern coating used on guns today.

View attachment 64193

Coral!!! you're back!

Mmmmm the smell of blued steel and wood:)

cayce

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Carmel
    I am a Kentucky Colonel and was also in Boy Scouts....But thank you for your service...

If you stop by the shop I'll show you my merit badges....:)

Wow a REAL Boy Scout? Well all I am just decorated Marine 100% combat Vet with two Bronze Stars and two Purple Hearts. Yea! Your cute little blue hat trumps me any day. I would salute you but I don't know your little salute thing.:nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity:

Last edited by a moderator:

cayce

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2018
    Carmel
    You're not the only one with a DD214 Hero.

Now, please go on and tell me all about your expertise in the selection process of pistols for police departments because I'm sure you're full of it. How about LIVE AND LEARN, one of us can speak from a position of knowledge and experience on the matter, the other just runs his mouth.

I'll wait here for you to enlighten the class.

"I AM SURE YOU ARE FULL OF IT." Well flash you don't know a THING about me or who I know BUT "YOU ARE SURE!!!!!" Let me guess. You work for the California Psychic's?

Wow! How does such a genius have SOOOOOOO much time to spend online?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Wow a REAL Boy Scout? Well all I am just decorated Marine 100% combat Vet with two Bronze Stars and two Purple Hearts. Yea! Your cute little blue hat trumps me any day. I would salute you but I don't know your little salute thing.:nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity::nopity:

OK. I believe you are not seeing Indiucky's post for what it really is. I do because I know him. It takes a minute to understand some of the humor in here.
    As to any other comments I see your angst but ask you and all involved to stand down please.

This will have to end here in the sake of civility. To all involved.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Reliable. Parts everywhere. Armorers everywhere. The Toyota of firearms.

Except for the 40 kb thing... :laugh:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Ask my friend TRIGGER TIME, he just got this:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...lvers/449935-glock-19-gen-2-night-sights.html

Nice deal, sweet pistol.

Maybe he can tell us why he purchased it, must have had value to him?

I think I will pull my G-19 gen 2 out of the safe for next weeks range session, my G-22 gen 3 is my todays range choice.

Yeah getting harder to find decent gen2 19's that haven't been stippled or altered. And the original clam shell box is a plus as well as the extra magpul range mags. Fair price and i didn't have to go find it or pay shipping or a transfer fee or tax.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

It was actually a raspberry beret (1970's) but thank you....The salute was three fingers up on your right hand....We put flags on veterans graves every Memorial Day...

m8s_Mkaxfc45zsI9zUPsnag.jpg
    NdAcBGW.jpg

I still use the lessons and code I learned while in the Scouts......

And as I said before...Thank you for your service...I mean it from the bottom of my heart...A promise I made a long time ago to my grandfather to thank every veteran for their service.....

You could spit in my face and I would thank you for your sacrifice through the spittle on my face...God Bless you Sir...I mean it....

Last edited:

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I don't miss my Glock 23. Too snappy in recoil and mags were $100 each during the AWB. My current Glock 17TB is a soft shooting tack driver.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    You'd lose that bet...:)

I was there for the camping and community service and then about age 14 I went, "Look girls!!!! And they're growing!!!!" :)

Oh well. I had the same distraction. Did go to Philmont. Backpacking and camping were my favorite. Merit badges not so much.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It was actually a raspberry beret (1970's) but thank you....The salute was three fingers up on your right hand....We put flags on veterans graves every Memorial Day...

m8s_Mkaxfc45zsI9zUPsnag.jpg
    NdAcBGW.jpg

I still use the lessons and code I learned while in the Scouts......

And as I said before...Thank you for your service...I mean it from the bottom of my heart...A promise I made a long time ago to my grandfather to thank every veteran for their service.....

You could spit in my face and I would thank you for your sacrifice through the spittle on my face...God Bless you Sir...I mean it....

Back when I was in the Scouts we used that other style of hat in the picture.

Top Bottom