• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    :DKnew youd like it. Recently read were a 17 made it to 300,000rnds. Havent read about any other pistols doing that.
    I'd hate to be the guy that fires number 300,001. lol Just havin' fun with ya, that's all.
    glock_kaboom_photo.jpg

glockbomb.jpg

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    I owned a Glock 17 (bought new) in the late 80s. I traded it off after a year or so. Never had any real problem with it but I have never wanted another one; not even a little. The Glock pistol just doesn't have a soul. :dunno:

(Sets back and waits for much "wailing and gnashing of teeth" by the Glock lovers. :D)

INMIline

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Indiana/Michigan line
    I started with a 17 and then added a 19 and a 26. I like em! I use the same xs big dots on the 19 and 26 being carry/SD guns. But went with a three dot on the 17 for target/SHTF drop leg with light. They are great guns for the money.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I started with the G35 and then moved to a 19, then a 21 (which is my favorite pistol I own) and then to a G17...and then a G22... I can't help myself. I started shooting IDPA in January of 2009 and made the move from my Springfield 1911 to my Glock 21 and I haven't looked back. Maybe yours doesn't have a soul but mine sure does!

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    :rockwoot: congrats on the glock. the model 17 was gaston glock's first design and a good one in my opinion. i have heard of glock failures and accidents with em, that happens to most firearms. you must practice safety for sure....... i own and luv em for SD and target shootn. i would like to know what happened to the one on this thread that aparently had a failure ???? bad ammo, obstructed bore, ????? :popcorn:

Last edited:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    i would like to know what happened to the one on this thread that aparently had a failure ???? bad ammo, obstructed bore, ????? :popcorn:

I think that is everybody...nobody wants to admit they shot a super-hot hand load in crappy brass through a dirty barrel. It was the guns fault, of course, since shooting reloads voids the warranty, right? :) That picture sure gets circulated by the haters but it never comes with any explanations!

I've actually met an individual on another forum and he freely admits his .40 cal kBoom! was a direct result of him loading incredibly hot, not an issue with a design.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Take a Sig for a spin, you'll never want another glock... just sayin..

Perhaps not. As much as I've tried to like Sigs, they just do not fit in my grip comfortably. I've nothing else against them, but I know I wouldn't carry one or train with it, so I refrain from adding one to the collection.

I owned a Glock 17 (bought new) in the late 80s. I traded it off after a year or so. Never had any real problem with it but I have never wanted another one; not even a little. The Glock pistol just doesn't have a soul. :dunno:

(Sets back and waits for much "wailing and gnashing of teeth" by the Glock lovers. :D)

Well, of course, it doesn't have a soul. It's an inanimate object. However, there's no denying combat tupperware has character. What other kitchen supplies have made the leap from domestic dull-dom (okay, so I made that word up) to exciting life of the range party.

Heck, even Ginsu is still waiting for deliverance. At best it gets profiled as the potential murder weapon on a television whodunnit show.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    "Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol." - Tommy Lee Jones (U.S. Marshalls)

Hard to argue with that. Good thing I don't have any nickeled firearms. Like most Glock owners, Sam Garard had a lot of confidence in his. I think that's the gist of all this.

toddk

Plinker
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Lake / Porter Co
    Bought a Glock and a sig within a month of each other... Now I have two glocks, going on three, and I sold the Sig. I liked it, but couldn't live without it.
    Just saying.

Top Bottom