• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • forklfteddie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    i can now say i now own a G17,as i was told i will more than likely not want another 9mm..this is true it shoots and handles great..my only concern is that it doesn't have a safety switch or button that you have to manually push or move. it isn't a problem,but only if you know your weapon is secure and no one can handle it.... Thanks Eddie Glocks :yesway:

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    The best safety is your brain and your finger! Welcome to the glock world. I just picked up my first glock (a g19) a few days ago!

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    i can now say i now own a G17,as i was told i will more than likely not want another 9mm..this is true it shoots and handles great..my only concern is that it doesn't have a safety switch or button that you have to manually push or move. it isn't a problem,but only if you know your weapon is secure and no one can handle it.... Thanks Eddie Glocks :yesway:

You will soon find some way, some how to justify getting a 19 :rockwoot:

Congrats and safe shooting.

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    My first handgun was a 17 and I was really nervous about it not having an external safety but after using it and training with it, I will never carry a gun that has one.

If I'm in a situation that requires me drawing and firing, I need to be able to just draw and fire. That's just how I feel about it.

I do agree with the above post about how you will want to get a 19. I went and handled a few including some of the Gen4's and now I'm having to use some serious control to not just blow the paycheck on it.....

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    The G17 is a sweet gun. I have a Gen4 G17 and love it. I had a G19 and it was nice but really didnt like it all that well. I also have a G26 that very nice.

My finacee has the gen4 g19 and it is a nice gun, but I think the grip lenght is just a little short...

mtk469

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Congrats on your Glock. I have had a quite a few over the years. Like them very much. The more you get used to it the less the saftey thing will be an issue for you.
    Enjoy..

WOLFEMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    LAFAYETTE
    Over ten years as an FFL, I sold over 2500 Glock pistols. I also
    kept Beretta, S&W etc. To the skeptics I allowed a few new Glock
    buyers to buy one, shoot it, and if they were disappointed in the
    pistol I would let them return it for full credit towards another
    brand. Not a single person returned a Glock. All are now multiple
    Glock owners, including myself.

Congrats on new Glock owners :rockwoot:

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Congrats on the new Glock. I'm sure you will be very happy with it. But don't believe anybody that tells you "if you buy one of these, you'll never want another." You will always want another... and another... and another...

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.

:DKnew youd like it. Recently read were a 17 made it to 300,000rnds. Havent read about any other pistols doing that.

slmlrd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I have a G26 that I carry everyday. After I bought it I said I would never carry another gun. Then I bought myself a G36 for Christmas. The 26 may get to take a few days off.

I always say that people who don't like Glocks have never shot one.

PeterJLH09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Greenwood, IN
    Congratulations on your Glock purchase! I've had the privilege of firing many Glock, and now owning my first as well. After use, and training, the trigger "safety" will become second nature. My second gun had no actual safety, and I've never looked back. It's true. You are the best safety.

Top Bottom