• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zacdudek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2011
    Grabill IN
    The Glock 19 sucks..... Period. Overly simple design that so outdated and is pretty much the 1911 of my generation. Let's dig this old platform a dying hole and bury it once and for all.

How are you going to call out two of the most successful guns of the last 100 years. Even if you are not a Glock Die hard, to be compared to a 1911 is more of a compliment, rather than an insult.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

WebHobbit

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Spencer County
    I have and while it was better than the Glock's brick like grip it was still not as close as the curvy XDm's.

Earlier today I spent a good deal of time comparing my buddy's G19 to my XDm 3.8 compact. The grip of the Glock is literally - AN ABOMINATION in comparison. It's just a thick ugly rectangle. it's so crazy thick right at the web of the hand area. It's AWFUL. The XDm and the S&W M&P BOTH curve inward right there - and that helps enormously with a small-handed shooter.

Last edited:

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    OP, have you ever looked at the Ruger SR9, I have zero experience with this gun but wonder if it would fit your hand better :dunno:. They make it in a compact version also that you can still use the full size mags in as extra mag.

Again I have absolutely no experience with it, but its the first gun I though of when I read your original XDM thread and the problems you have with small hand size.

Might be worth checking out at your local gun store.

Ruger® SR9® Centerfire Pistol Models

G582

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Greenwood
    I was also getting brass to the face and on top of my head with my 19. I replaced the 336 ejector with the new one from Glock and that cured it. I didn't have to touch the extractor

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    Branch out...don't just try one pistol, go try sig, hk, khar, ruger, smith, and others before you go off any buy something your not happy with because it sounds like your picky about what you want (that's a good thing). Don't go to the guns everyone else is using just because they are

This is the best advice. ^

I am exclusively HK with handguns and would suggest trying a P30 or P2000. If you want to stick to striker fired, then at least give the Walther PPQ a try. I would even look at the Steyr and caracal.

It seems you really want to like the glock, but just don't.

windellmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Greenwood
    I don't care for the Glock grip but I shoot it better than the more comfortable M&P. That could be due to the M&P 9 barrel unlocking issue or maybe a more comfortable grip is not better.

Top Bottom