• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    It will sell to Glock collectors but that's about it, now make a Ruger LCR Plus sized gun with capacity to match and I might be interested TBH. The 26/28 is chunky by today's standards

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    Glock needs to do something other than just bringing out calibers in the same platform they’ve used since Jesus walked the earth.
    That's literally the entire point. Select caliber, barrel, and grip length. copy, paste, done. Same parts, same manual of arms, same ergonomics, same aesthetics, same everything.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Glock needs to do something other than just bringing out calibers in the same platform they’ve used since Jesus walked the earth.
    Didn’t watch the video but don’t have to.

This (model 28 as well as the 25) has been offered by Glock since the mid to late 1990’s.(remember Glock is a global company and some countries can’t have Military calibers like 9mm so that’s their reason) They simply couldn’t be imported because if the “point” system used that had to make for importation. The 9mm caliber in the same size upped the points to be allowed. Why the Glock 42 is made in the USA. And since Glock started making guns in the USA here we are.

My question unless your just a 380 fan when you get the same size gun in 9mm with same capacity WHY would you pick a Glock 25 or 28?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Didn’t watch the video but don’t have to.

This (model 28 as well as the 25) has been offered by Glock since the mid to late 1990’s.(remember Glock is a global company and some countries can’t have Military calibers like 9mm so that’s their reason) They simply couldn’t be imported because if the “point” system used that had to make for importation. The 9mm caliber in the same size upped the points to be allowed. Why the Glock 42 is made in the USA. And since Glock started making guns in the USA here we are.

My question unless your just a 380 fan when you get the same size gun in 9mm with same capacity WHY would you pick a Glock 25 or 28?
    So when is Glock going to come out with a 15+1 32acp? :)

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    That's literally the entire point. Select caliber, barrel, and grip length. copy, paste, done. Same parts, same manual of arms, same ergonomics, same aesthetics, same everything.
    You can do that with sig and there’s 100 thousand variants of the p365. Who was asking for a wide Glock 380? Imo Glock needs to develop the 43x into something that can compete with the p365

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    You can do that with sig and there’s 100 thousand variants of the p365. Who was asking for a wide Glock 380? Imo Glock needs to develop the 43x into something that can compete with the p365
    Right, but it's just good business for everyone else. The standing complaint is that Glock does it (worse, since each size is a separate legal firearm) since the 80s and still calls it innovation 30+ years later.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    IMHO Glock isn’t doing this for innovation, or because of demand, they’re doing this for the fan boys, the collectors, now Glock owners can actually say “I have one of every Glock model made!” “Except the model 18”

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Maybe this fits the niche of a grandma's gun. You know, something that an arthritic elderly woman could handle reasonably well. size-wise, but with as little recoil as possible. I wonder how easy it is to rack.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Higher capacity, “full size” 380s are a thing right now. Unfortunately, the 28 is blowback operated. It could be a really soft shooter otherwise. The 42 is a pretty sweet shooting 380.

However, I’m not interested, at all, in a blowback model 28, but I would be interested if they redesigned it into a delayed blowback/browning type action.

I hope Glock updates this model in that way, but I’m not holding my breath.

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Higher capacity, “full size” 380s are a thing right now. Unfortunately, the 28 is blowback operated. It could be a really soft shooter otherwise. The 42 is a pretty sweet shooting 380.

However, I’m not interested, at all, in a blowback model 28, but I would be interested if they redesigned it into a delayed blowback/browning type action.

I hope Glock updates this model in that way, but I’m not holding my breath.
    Watching various vids seems the blowback thing is incorrect, though I saw that for years as well. Seems to be "traditional" browning recoil system.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Every time Glock "releases" a "new" pistol, it make me hate Glock even more. They are the DEFINITION of resting on their laurels.
    True, but I honestly can't think of what else then can do and still remain Glock. Other than, of course, the carbine that they refuse to build. What would a Gen 6 pistol even look like? A slightly better trigger? Different grip texture? Standard metal sights? A Glock is a Glock.

Top Bottom