• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    You can't go wrong with a 19 or 26..
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Gunsite graduate[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Certified pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]1911 Mechanic[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

T4rdV4rk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    NWI
    Seriously considering buying this. All opinions appreciated.

If you're a pro then ignore this, but I'm wondering if you are a new shooter? If so, keep in mind that small guns are harder to hit with. Especially until you have the basics down.

If this applies to you, something along the lines of a 19 might be better. Just something to think about.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    On that gun the gen 3 already had the dual recoil spring setup, so the only difference twixt gen 3 and 4 is that the 4 allows you to fiddle with the grip spacer thingies.
    I like the gen 3 grip and it was cheaper than the gen 4 so that is the way I went. I think it is a fine gun, whether or not double stack width is ok for your intended use is your call. I carry a Kahr when I want IWB and the G26 when OWB is ok.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    They are great little guns. If it is your first Glock or only Glock I would encourage you to look at the Glock 19 instead. Little bigger and little easier to shoot. If you have or intend to buy a Glock 17 then the full size and subcompact make an awesome combination.

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    I've been rocking a G19 and G26 for a while now. They're both good choices. The 26 offers a little more versatility in that you can put any of the larger magazines in it, and get spacers to make a more full-fingered grip, or get mag floor plates with pinky extensions if desired.

I like shooting the G19 better, but the G26 is slightly easier to carry and conceal. Get enough trigger time in with the G26 and you'll do just fine.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I've been rocking a G19 and G26 for a while now. They're both good choices. The 26 offers a little more versatility in that you can put any of the larger magazines in it, and get spacers to make a more full-fingered grip, or get mag floor plates with pinky extensions if desired.

I like shooting the G19 better, but the G26 is slightly easier to carry and conceal. Get enough trigger time in with the G26 and you'll do just fine.

+1. Get a +2 magazine extension.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    The G26 is a fantastic carry gun. I tend to prefer the slightly larger G19 since it is easier to reload the gun; the smaller size gun and the more likely you are to pinch your hands when inserting the magazine. There are few guns that offer the size/capacity/weight/reliability of the G26 and the Gen 4 gives you the option of fitting the grip more to your liking with the available back straps and an very large magazine release button which is worth it's weight in gold. The new Gen 4 texture is nice and grippy but not too rough where it would scour the flesh off of you if carrying it next to skin.

As a huge plus, if you ever do decide on another 9mm Glock, the G26 can use magazines from the 19 and the 17/34 so any larger size Glock 9mm would be a perfect complement to the G26.

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    The 26 is my EDC in a IWB holster. I use it for IDPA shooting as well and love it. But, honestly, the G19 carries almost as well, has 5 more bullets, and a full sized grip. Either firearm is great for all around usage.

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I've only shot one GEN 4 Glock, a friend's 23, and noticed it took a lot more trigger finger to make it go bang than my GEN 3 19. I didn't care for that.

I owned a GEN 3 26 and found that when using a Pearce +0 grip extension there was a gap between the magazine baseplate and the grip. When firing, my pinky finger would get pinched between the two. I ended up selling it. The gun was perfectly reliable though.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I have been carrying a Glock 26 gen 3 for years. I shoot it in IDPA and steel. If it fits your hands, you cant go wrong. I carry mine in a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB Holster. Glock 19 are good as well, but I prefer to carry the 26.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    The 26 is a great little carry pistol, I've always liked how a GLOCK will take any larger size mag of the same caliber. Not counting the model 36, of course.

Always liked the 27 as well..........

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I actually shoot the G26 BETTER than the G19.

I think the reason why is because my little finger hangs off the grip, and that prevents me from squeezing too hard.

I dunno.

Indysteel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Southport
    I have a G26 Gen4 that I might be willing to part with. I would rather have another Sig. Shoot me a PM if you want to know more about it.

Top Bottom