• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I would recommend spending a cool $100 or so on a lone wolf 9mm conversion barrel. Cheaper ammo to play with and can drop in and go. I even use the same .40 mags and no feed issues. I love my g23!

I had the conversion on mine. I actually shot better with it than the factory barrel. Hence why I switched to a G19.

I recommend those conversion barrels. They are great. (Dont forget to buy G19 mags to go with it. G23 mags wont feed 9mm properly)

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I really like my G23 Gen 2 (hate the finger groves) and added Pearce extensions plus zero rounds for a full grip, big hands. I changed to a stainless steel guide rod and the sights. I really like this set up.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Get the extended slide release. It's only a few bucks but makes a world of difference. I also put Tru-Glo TFO sights on all my pistols. I'm not too hip on the night sight part of them but the light pipes really shine when in bright light or light in your face where plain white sights disappear. Pick up a couple G22 mags and sleeves to give yourself more capacity. You'll have a handy G23 with the capacity of the larger 22. Get on U tube and watch how to disassemble the slide. You'll be surprised with the gunk and mill slag from manufacture in there. You can easily clean everything with cotton swabs. Be sure to keep it cleaned and each time you take the slide off for a simple cleaning make sure the firing pin safety button is free. If it sticks when you push it in you have no safety. Lastly, enjoy.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I had the conversion on mine. I actually shot better with it than the factory barrel. Hence why I switched to a G19.

I recommend those conversion barrels. They are great. (Dont forget to buy G19 mags to go with it. G23 mags wont feed 9mm properly)
    Be careful if you are thinking about carrying it with the conversion to 9mm barrel. Since the 9 case is slightly smaller than the .40 there is a slight chance that the extractor could fail to properly pull a round out of the chamber. In training, no problem. In self defense carry, oh oh!

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    My all time favorite holsters are the Horsehide OWB Scabbard from Kramer Gun Leather. They are pricey and take months to deliver, yet are simply the best I've found so far. When carried with a good gun belt, it keeps the gun nice and high and tucked tightly in to your side. Wear that under an untucked shirt, and it conceals very well. I carried my G23 to the state fair twice this year with that rig and had no issues at all.

This is the holster I use: Leather Gun Scabbard | Kramer Handgun Leather

Testify
    +1 on Kramer horsehide, definitely the Rolls Royce of holsters.
    They look great, very concealable, they're about as durable as possible, and comfortable...just put it under a t-shirt, and go.
    The link to mine - Inside the Waistband Holsters IWB

With my EDC (S&W 1006):
    Kramer_Holster_and_Gun_horizontal_zps7oqwovhk.jpg

Top Bottom