• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Of all the Glock pistols I have tried the only one that stayed was my 17L most likely the first gen. 22 23 17 19 and 43 all found new families to protect.
    You will like it. I still have the original barrel and the barsto I purchased when I first bought it. Since my MAG decided to go glock And AR for the common carry it and the bushmaster have gone into the never sell never trade safe zone.

Not being a Glock fan boy when did they bring back the 17L I thought the 34 took that place in the lineup.

Codyf44

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 4, 2022
    Plainfield
    I’ve heard on reviews that some of these new glocks are not up to par with previous models as far as quality goes. Not sure how true it is.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I’ve heard on reviews that some of these new glocks are not up to par with previous models as far as quality goes. Not sure how true it is.
    That’s BS they are fine.

I will say one thing on the Gen 5 17L I just learned the nose end at the front on the slide that the recoil spring fits into is polymer and is removable. It can be slide to the back of the slide and removed. I’m sure it’s fine but I am also sure somebody will have a negative too.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've been riding the fence on a G34 as a dedicated competition gun. I really like the extra sight radius of a 17L, but prefer the ergonomics of the Gen 5 pistols. I 100% would have agreed that the MOS was not a selling point at all, until Holoson came out with their direct mount rear red dots. Now that you don't have some silly spacer plate and can mount direct, you've got an incredibly better mounting option for a rear optic if you ever chose to go that route.

My only concern would be the red dot co-witnessing with the aftermarket iron sights I prefer.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    What are the pros for a long slide 9mm?
    I know for a 10mm it definitely helps in velocity and energy.
    I don't think a 9mm would gain a whole lot extra velocity or energy.
    Here to learn.
    Is it for competition?

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I've been riding the fence on a G34 as a dedicated competition gun. I really like the extra sight radius of a 17L, but prefer the ergonomics of the Gen 5 pistols. I 100% would have agreed that the MOS was not a selling point at all, until Holoson came out with their direct mount rear red dots. Now that you don't have some silly spacer plate and can mount direct, you've got an incredibly better mounting option for a rear optic if you ever chose to go that route.

My only concern would be the red dot co-witnessing with the aftermarket iron sights I prefer.
    Well the regular Ameriglow Bold co witness with the red dot

Top Bottom