• Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    +1

I just wish he wasn't right as often as he is.

I think GB makes some good points, and I like reading his books, but I think he's too melodramatic for me. I could do without the fake lip quiver and gasping and what not.

This is my problem with GB as well. He is too dramatic for my taste. I think he does actually cry a lot of times, which bugs me for some reason. But unfortunately he is telling the truth on most things when the MSM won't tell us about it.

23mar03

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Who doesn't have an agenda? Nobody is always 100% right. You got to do your best to find the truth. But it's got to be your best, and not a half hearted scroll through the some internet files.
    I'll check some of those comments out there yoowho. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. All you can do is extract the truth, see if it's worth getting all excited about, and either act or move on.
    Overall, I know that there are things in this world that maybe going on without my knowledge, but to continue to pull each other down because they are not 100% inline with your message is unreasonable. Just my :twocents:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    FWIW, I would attend if I could. Have to be at a wedding. Beck is not perfect, and not a hero. But he does publicize some vital information and is sounding a necessary call to arms to defend our Constitution. :yesway: I am prepared to work with anyone who will defend the Constitution. I believe it is the best form of human government ever devised. Not perfect, but better than anything else humanity has developed to date. :patriot:

If we abide by it, and live under the law as it directs us to do, this nation will prosper. If we allow it to be reinterpreted to fit modern or current worldviews, our nation will fall. The law must be above current fads or thought. It must be stable and impartial. What is happening today is an attempt to change the law so those who are retrained by the law can do what the law now prevents them from doing.

For example, there was a time when murder was wrong. Now it is only wrong if you do not have a good reason—like a poor childhood or "issues" from your past. (Remember, I am talking about murder, not other forms of "justifiable homicide.") Murder is now acceptable if you can persuade the judge you are an oppressed minority. The Constitution does not change based on new human opinions—or at least it should not. There are times and places for change, as in the wake of the Dred Scott case. But our nation cannot survive the current onslaught of judicial reinterpretation of the Constitution. Thus, I will band with Beck and others who support the ideals of the Constitution.

Someone has to defend it if President Hussein and the Congress are determined to destroy it. If not Beck, who? Will you who call Beck a fake call us to a national effort to defend the Constitution and gather thousands in one city for the Cause? Time to make a choice: Stand with those who will defend the Constitution, "warts and all" as Cromwell said, or reject them as fakes and allow Hussein, Reid and Pelosi to complete the dismantling of the greatest nation the earth has ever known by the generation raised by the "Greatest Generation." Either do something better or shut up and get on board. :soapbox: We must save this nation!:twocents:

Sorry for the heat, but you hit my hot button! Respect to all previous posters.

Fire away. Flame suit is on. God bless America.:patriot::cool:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    If we abide by it, and live under the law as it directs us to do, this nation will prosper. If we allow it to be reinterpreted to fit modern or current worldviews, our nation will fall. The law must be above current fads or thought. It must be stable and impartial. What is happening today is an attempt to change the law so those who are retrained by the law can do what the law now prevents them from doing.

For example, there was a time when murder was wrong. Now it is only wrong if you do not have a good reason—like a poor childhood or "issues" from your past. (Remember, I am talking about murder, not other forms of "justifiable homicide.") Murder is now acceptable if you can persuade the judge you are an oppressed minority. The Constitution does not change based on new human opinions—or at least it should not. There are times and places for change, as in the wake of the Dred Scott case. But our nation cannot survive the current onslaught of judicial reinterpretation of the Constitution. Thus, I will band with Beck and others who support the ideals of the Constitution.

The Constitution is working exactly as intended. Your interpretations or its amendments matters not. The only interpretations that matter are 9 Harvard/Yale lawyers. It says so, right in the Constitution.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I don't care for either man, but you can't say that one is in it for the money and the other isn't. Beck has his books, dvds, t-shirts, mugs, insider subsciption, insider-"extreme" subscription, you can also subscribe to "Beck University". You don't think people are making money off of all these "rallies" and "freedom concerts"? Why, you can even buy an 8/28 hoodie, t-shirt, coffee mug, and baby bib right on his website. Oh looky there, he has them for 9/12 too.

Glenn BeckÂ*8.28 StoreÂ*|Â*Shop the Glenn Beck Official Store

I don't care for either man, but you can't say that one is in it for the money and the other isn't.

Never did. Like I said, there's one born every minute.

pistol pete

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    The funny thing most people don't get is we do not need to agree on minor issues . But if there is a poster child for the America I grew up with it is Glenn Beck . Beck reminds me of those who came up with nothing and strove to give their children something better . We as a nation I believe like Glenn have turned our back on the founding principals which allowed this republic to gel . However the Fed has taken a liking to telling us all they make the rules and we will just suffer from their actions . This has been going this way since Regan left office . I wish the next time someone on the TV talks about jobs they might remember a treaty which has lead to more job loss than anything NAFTA . Kill it , seal the borders and expel all Illeagl peoples period . The first three steps to getting back on track .

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    The Constitution is working exactly as intended. Your interpretations or its amendments matters not. The only interpretations that matter are 9 Harvard/Yale lawyers. It says so, right in the Constitution.

Actually, I don't think the Constitution says that the Supreme Court has the final say on matters of law. They coopted that power to themselves. As I understand it, their original purpose, constitutionally, was to rule whether a particular law violated the Constitution or not. The other, co-equal branches of government were then free to craft laws that met the constitutional standard.

Somehow that co-equality has been subverted and the SC is now making law instead of interpreting it.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Actually, I don't think the Constitution says that the Supreme Court has the final say on matters of law. They coopted that power to themselves. As I understand it, their original purpose, constitutionally, was to rule whether a particular law violated the Constitution or not. The other, co-equal branches of government were then free to craft laws that met the constitutional standard.

Somehow that co-equality has been subverted and the SC is now making law instead of interpreting it.

All decisions on law from the SC are based on two viewpoints, the living Constitution and the originalist veiwpoint. Usually legislation from the bench stems from viewing the Constitution as a living Constitution. If viewed as an origininalist would, like Scalia, you will get decisions based on original intent. Then there is the "previous decisions" that are in the mix.

One of the most blatant attempt to control the SC happened during FDR where he threatened to load the SC by changing it by adding more seats and loading them with judges of his ideology. That was one of the reasons the SC gave a favorable decision for Social Security, which was a Federal insurance program already deemed unconstitutional by a previous decision. That is why you will find all of these insurance schemes argued in court as a tax issue, like the Health Care bill is now. The court took the WH brief and used it almost word for word for the decision in the Social Security decision.

The Supreme Court has final say in law, but a case has to be brought before the court before they approach any decision. If a law is unconstitutional and no one brings it to court, it will never be overturned.

SC jurisdiction:

The judicial Power shall extend to all Cases, in Law and Equity, arising under this Constitution, the Laws of the United States, and Treaties made, or which shall be made, under their Authority; to all Cases affecting Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls; to all Cases of admiralty and maritime Jurisdiction; to Controversies to which the United States shall be a Party; to Controversies between two or more States; between a State and Citizens of another State; between Citizens of different States; between Citizens of the same State claiming Lands under Grants of different States, and between a State, or the Citizens thereof, and foreign States, Citizens or Subjects.

Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    Glenn Beck is an infomercial on crack. He says one thing to appease one group, then will turn right around contradict himself. He's reminds me alot of a goose feather in a windstorm; whichever way the wind is blowing (on the conservative side) that's the direction he goes, with lots of childish melodrama.

He needs to take the pacifier off his vodka bottle, that'd be a good place to start.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Glenn Beck is an infomercial on crack. He says one thing to appease one group, then will turn right around contradict himself. He's reminds me alot of a goose feather in a windstorm; whichever way the wind is blowing (on the conservative side) that's the direction he goes, with lots of childish melodrama.

He needs to take the pacifier off his vodka bottle, that'd be a good place to start.

So far opinion only. Got some examples?

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    So far opinion only. Got some examples?

I dont watch him very often but I would say one would be the Shows about FEMA Detention Centers. (What about REX 84) seemed to me like he got scared. Just my opinion. Hard to deny when you hear a Senator talk about it.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I dont watch him very often but I would say one would be the Shows about FEMA Detention Centers. (What about REX 84) seemed to me like he got scared. Just my opinion. Hard to deny when you hear a Senator talk about it.

ummm IIRC he DEBUNKED the fema camp issue. and let me say this before all the wackos flame me for being a beck fanboy, I don't watch glenn beck or listen to his radio show.

Last edited:

WHAT HAPPENED

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Largo, FL
    ummm IIRC he DEBUNKED the fema camp issue. and let me say this before all the wackos flame me for being a beck fanboy, I don't watch glenn beck or listen to his radio show.

HE Glenn Beck "DEBUNKED" IT LMFAO!!! HAHAHAHHAH
    Glenn Beck NEVER SHOWED a real FEMA CAMP, all he showed was a "train station." And made some chet up...

tyler34 are you a FED also like Hoosier8?????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk7MyVnq0Bs

Watch AT 2:11:00 and see for your self!!!!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom