• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Girl Scouts of Colorado Now Say They’ll Accept Little Boy Bobby Montoya Who Wants to Join | Video | TheBlaze.com

My letter to the central IN CEO, Deborah Hearn Smith

Ms. Smith, After reading a current article (below) regarding the Girl Scouts' stance on "inclusiveness" and accepting a boy into your ranks who clearly has psychological issues regarding his gender, I can no longer support your organization. I have been an avid supporter of Girl Scouts products for a very long time, and I simply cannot endorse exacerbating a child's mental problem and on top of that, teaching political propaganda to other children that it is "normal" and should be accepted. I hope that the organization will change its stance, but until then, I will have to forgo supporting it with my dollars.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    They're damned if they do, and damned if they don't, aren't they?

That kid doesn't look like much trouble. I think they did the right thing.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Girl Scouts of Colorado Now Say They’ll Accept Little Boy Bobby Montoya Who Wants to Join | Video | TheBlaze.com

My letter to the central IN CEO, Deborah Hearn Smith

Ms. Smith, After reading a current article (below) regarding the Girl Scouts' stance on "inclusiveness" and accepting a boy into your ranks who clearly has psychological issues regarding his gender, I can no longer support your organization. I have been an avid supporter of Girl Scouts products for a very long time, and I simply cannot endorse exacerbating a child's mental problem and on top of that, teaching political propaganda to other children that it is "normal" and should be accepted. I hope that the organization will change its stance, but until then, I will have to forgo supporting it with my dollars.

Good for you.:yesway:
    Liberalization of the Girl Scouts has been going on for years.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    That does it, my daughter's gonna join the Boy Scouts, none of that squishy-soft GSA "inclusiveness" stuff for her!;)

Last edited:

abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    They're damned if they do, and damned if they don't, aren't they?

Not really. Look at the Pope. He's damned by some for speaking against homosexuality, but he's not damned by What counts. :)

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010

That's the standard? :dunno:

I thought the difference between "boy" and "girl" had something to do with genitalia... I guess I took one of the "old-fashioned" anatomy classes.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    You know it could just be his master plan to infiltrate the secrete world of girls so he can learn their ways and become a major "player" in his later years. :dunno:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I think the Girl Scouts should have stuck to their guns. This is ridiculous.

One more idiot thrusting their screwed up kid into the spotlight to make a point. There is no shortage of gender neutral organizations out there that she could have signed him up for and avoided this crap.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    I am not that upset about the girl scouts accepting him, but I have to say I find it really odd that a boy played with girl toys and identified as a girl starting at two years old...

Im not trying to get all judgy, but... that does not sound like normal child development... Maybe its just my lack of understanding homosexuals or transgenders or what not... but wouldn't that generally come much later in life?

When does it become ok to allow a two year old child to make that decision? What if he decides later that is not who he is, what emotional problems would be the outcome of his parent's choice? At that age, identifying as a girl has to be at least partially due to his parents....

I could care less about girl scouts letting him join... I just don't get it...

Last edited:

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I've got no problem with a boy hanging out with girls (in fact I strongly encourage it! :)). What I DO have a problem with is giving legitimacy to a mental condition. Schizophrenia is a good example. "I believe I wasn't born in "enough" bodies." Wrong, it's treated as a disorder.

I don't believe in Karma, per se, but I do believe that there is spiritual warfare, and that mistakes of the parent can have consequences for the child. Parents choosing not to parent, but rather letting whatever happens, happen, are not good stewards and are screwing up their children.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    It is called Girl Scouts for a reason, it is for girls. Little 7 year old boys do not have the right to be happy. He can cry like any other 7 year old kid that does not get their way.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I am not that upset about the girl scouts accepting him, but I have to say I find it really odd that a boy played with girl toys and identified as a girl starting at two years old...

Im not trying to get all judgy, but... that does not sound like normal child development... Maybe its just my lack of understanding homosexuals or transgenders or what not... but wouldn't that generally come much later in life?

When does it become ok to allow a two year old child to make that decision? What if he decides later that is not who he is, what emotional problems would be the outcome of his parent's choice? At that age, identifying as a girl has to be at least partially due to his parents....

I could care less about girl scouts letting him join... I just don't get it...

No, it doesn't have to happen much later in life. I find it odd that people can find it odd that a 2 year old plays with "girl" toys...they're freaking toys. And I agree, you don't get it. A bunch of people don't get it. What emotional problems would the kid have if he lived his life the way he "should" and not as who he feels he is? Basic gender identity is formed around age 3 so no, it isn't all that weird. Gender identity disorder can occur in early childhood, you know...around when the child is getting an understanding for basic gender identity.

There is a much easier way to get through life than saying "I just don't get it". Even if you don't agree with something, you can put in a little effort to learn and try to open your mind.

Man oh man, I wish people would take a little time to try to learn and understand something before giving their opinions...you might still have the same opinion but at least you'll have a bit more knowledge.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Not really. Look at the Pope. He's damned by some for speaking against homosexuality, but he's not damned by What counts. :)

I could care less what he thinks about anything at this point.

Vatican Council Calls for World Government, Central Bank

I think what abnk was pointing to is that the Pope has a single stance on the issue. His being no homosexuality and come hell or high water the Pope does not change his stance on that issue. Be it right or wrong (the issue) it does not matter. We all know that the Pope will NOT change his stance on the issue.

Now prior to this article it was understood that The Girl Scouts of America (GSOA) was for girls and girls only. That was their stance. You had to be a girl (ie. have female body parts) in order to be in GSOA.

Now GSOA is changing their stance which was something we did not expect.

I think the Girl Scouts should have stuck to their guns. This is ridiculous.

One more idiot thrusting their screwed up kid into the spotlight to make a point. There is no shortage of gender neutral organizations out there that she could have signed him up for and avoided this crap.

^This!

There are co-ed scouting clubs as well.

It is called Girl Scouts for a reason, it is for girls. Little 7 year old boys do not have the right to be happy. He can cry like any other 7 year old kid that does not get their way.

BINGO! He is a boy he can join The Boy Scouts of America. Or he can join a co-ed "scouting" organization or heck create a new one for "trans, ga...".

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I don't really see the issue here. The organization made a decision and did what it wanted to do. The family raises their kid as they see fit.

What is wrong with that? Must they conform to someone else's beliefs or value system?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think it is great that we continue to normalize what was once abnormal. Perhaps one day my predilections will become acceptable.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I hope for the well being of the child that most of the people on here never have a gay child.

Why would you say this?
    The GSOA is an organization that can include or exclude anyone on a case by case basis. I find it ironic that people would condemn them for evaluating whether or not they allow a boy in their ranks. Its their organization, they can do whatever they want.
    Hell, you all so freely give up your rights to free speech to post and browse this forum every day! How is this any different?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom