Not open for further replies.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Good Lord, $10 a hundred, and with a limit yet!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Do you have any idea what Minimags are going for, or hard to obtain? Are you that misinformed? A good big box store price is 8.99 plus tax. GM had them on sale 2 weeks ago for 7.99. I didn't post it as a steal, I posted for someone who might want some hard to come by Mininags. Nice job of embarrassing yourself.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Do you have any idea what Minimags are going for, or hard to obtain? Are you that misinformed?

No, I'm not "misinformed". I was just smart enough to buy tens of thousands of rounds when they cost what they're actually worth. How does $8.88 for a carton of 550 grab ya'? Enjoy your "bargain". :rolleyes:

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    No, I'm not "misinformed". I was just smart enough to buy tens of thousands of rounds when they cost what they're actually worth. How does $8.88 for a carton of 550 grab ya'? Enjoy your "bargain". :rolleyes:

So you want to compare 1990 prices of Federal bulk pack to current prices of CCI Minimags?

:laugh:

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    So you want to compare 1990 prices of Federal bulk pack to current prices of CCI Minimags?

No. I'm comparing my foresight, and money saving shopping methods to your wasteful spending. If you want to pay $50.00 for something that I purchased for less than 1/5th of that, don't let me be the one to stand in your way. Run with the sheep, it's the American way. And the primary reason that 2/3rds of the population is broke.

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    Nipprdog- "No good deed goes unpunished"

billt- Why are you being such a jerk? $8.88 a bulk pack, good for you, but what about new shooters? They didn't have the foresight to buy ammo 20 years ago because THEY DIDNT SHOOT.

The going rate Federal Bulk Packs are $23.97 plus tax. I have bought several at that price in the last six months.

The going rate of CCI Mini-Mags is $7.99 plus tax. I have purchased about 500 rounds at $7.47/100 to $7.99/100.

$9.99/100 isn't great, but at least it's available. Better than not being able to shoot at all. And if $2 per hundred rounds is going to break your bank account, you have more problems than 22LR availability.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    No. I'm comparing my foresight, and money saving shopping methods to your wasteful spending. If you want to pay $50.00 for something that I purchased for less than 1/5th of that, don't let me be the one to stand in your way. Run with the sheep, it's the American way. And the primary reason that 2/3rds of the population is broke.

And I bought a new car in 1980 for under $5000. Comparing Federal that was purchased 20 years ago with CCI today is irrelevant. When inflation is factored in, that $9 box would probably be $20 today, and it can still be found for around that price if you can camp out at 4am with the flippers.

I'd rather see it readily available at a retailer for .10 per round than have flippers sucking up the supply.

As soon as people stop the paranoia and limit their buying to what they will shoot plus a little to spare, prices will stabilize and probably come down.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    billt- Why are you being such a jerk?

I'm not, he is. You don't have to be a Rhoads Scholar to know what the price of Mini Mags are going for today, or .22 ammo in general because of all this nonsense. I made the comment that $10.00 a hundred for .22 ammunition is ridiculously high. And it is..... Period. Just because something is overpriced doesn't mean you have to pay it, let alone are "embarrassing yourself" if you don't. Or does it mean it's "worth it" just because that's what some are willingly paying, and standing in line to do it. You had countless idiots 6 years ago pay over double what their homes were worth. That's what they were going for at the time. They thought it was all never going to end. Where did their purchasing wisdom get them? Ammunition, or any other commodity is the same, just on a smaller scale. The buying principals don't change. Or at least shouldn't, regardless of what you "can afford".

I bought .22 ammo when it was cheap. If I hadn't I wouldn't be shooting my rimfire guns now because it's just not worth the cost......And I like to shoot. Just as I like living in a home. But I'm not going to be foolish enough to overpay for either. It's not a matter of "what you can afford". It's a matter of financial common sense. And to me lining up at 7:00 AM at Wal-Mart, or anywhere else for that matter, to pay 5 times over for .22 ammunition doesn't display much of it. If you feel differently, knock yourself out. It's still a free country the last time I looked.

I love to shoot as much as the next guy. It's the reason I bought so much of it when it was cheap. If I hadn't I wouldn't be shooting them now. Not because I couldn't "afford" to, but because it would be financially foolish to. You and others may feel differently. That's fine. I'm more careful with my money. If I'm going to pay more for ammo, $15.00 per 50 for 9 MM makes a hell of a lot more sense than $10.00 a hundred for .22. Most of the reason people have rimfire guns is because they provide a cheap way to shoot. Now they're anything but. This isn't going to last anymore than the housing boom did. The people who believed that would are now living in apartments.

I'm not saying prices will return to 90's level, but they're certainly not going to stay at present levels. They will until people either smarten up financially and stop paying these asinine prices, or else run out of money. This type of nonsense always feeds on itself, and those who participate in it. I won't. If he, or you thinks I'm "embarrassing myself" by not doing so, you have a warped sense of finance.

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City

So what is that $8.88 with inflation today? $8.88 in 1990 = $16.19 in 2014.

.458socomhunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Tipp Co
    I'm just curious to know who all in this bickering mess owns a big truck so I can connect data points into trend lines. Overcompensation? Yeah.

So where on this page is somewhere to get ammo?

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    billt, you are not comparing apples to apples. CCI Mini-Mags and Federal Bulk are not the same thing. They do not have the same price point.

Look at this picture of 100 CCI Mini-mags. It has a price label on it from K-mart from November 1988 at $3.47 per hundred. Factor inflation to 2014 and that price becomes $7.12 per hundred.

http://i.imgur.com/KAxCoQS.jpg

Once again, I have bought them on the shelf in the last few months from $7.47 to $7.99 per hundred. That's pretty much right on price.

So, $9.99 per hundred is a little higher, but it is available, in a time when availability is limited. A person can buy five boxes.....the going rate SHOULD be around $7.50 a box, but they pay $9.99 because it is there....they are out $12.50 compared to the going rate.

I have seen people **** away $12.50. Do you ever go out to lunch? You can't hardly go out to a fast food restaurant and not spend $10. I don't eat any meals "out." I prepare every meal I eat. I can make my own lunch for about $2 and it's about 10x more nutritious than anything I would get at a restaurant. Everyone else must be so financially foolish. :rolleyes:

You stated that you "bought 22LR it when it was cheap." It is no more expensive now, the dollar amount is higher, yes, but apparently you don't understand the concept of inflation.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    I have seen people **** away $12.50. Do you ever go out to lunch? You can't hardly go out to a fast food restaurant and not spend $10. I don't eat any meals "out." I prepare every meal I eat. I can make my own lunch for about $2 and it's about 10x more nutritious than anything I would get at a restaurant. Everyone else must be so financially foolish.

That, and they're killing themselves with obesity and high fat foods. But at least they'll die poor with a full stomach.

billt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Glendale, Arizona
    billt, you are not comparing apples to apples. CCI Mini-Mags and Federal Bulk are not the same thing. They do not have the same price point.

Look at this picture of 100 CCI Mini-mags. It has a price label on it from K-mart from November 1988 at $3.47 per hundred. Factor inflation to 2014 and that price becomes $7.12 per hundred.

http://i.imgur.com/KAxCoQS.jpg

Once again, I have bought them on the shelf in the last few months from $7.47 to $7.99 per hundred. That's pretty much right on price.

So, $9.99 per hundred is a little higher, but it is available, in a time when availability is limited. A person can buy five boxes.....the going rate SHOULD be around $7.50 a box, but they pay $9.99 because it is there....they are out $12.50 compared to the going rate. It is no more expensive now, the dollar amount is higher, yes, but apparently you don't understand the concept of inflation.

You're going the long way around the barn to pick fly :poop: out of pepper, in order to justify overspending for something you happen to want. $10.00 a hundred is $50.00 a brick. That is ridiculous for common as dirt .22 ammo, "Mini Mag" or otherwise. I understand inflation perfectly. Your problem is you don't understand when you're over paying for something, pure and simple.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Gander in fort wayne has plenty of ammo, some decent prices but no 22lr. Wow this is what this thread is for!!!

As a fellow Ft Wayne guy I appreciate you letting us know about where the ammo is locally. 22lr is about the only thing on my list of ammo to buy, but I don't think it's available over the counter in Ft Wayne.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom