Not open for further replies.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    $40 shipping?? I put one box in the cart and it told me $8.50 shipping, when I put 10 boxes in it was $22.5. At 20 boxes it was $40. At that quantity at that price it's $0.36 per round. Still a pretty good deal.

I didn't play around with the quantity, I always just check on a full case. Most places I buy ammo from, I don't like to pay more than $20 per case on shipping. $40 is outrageous. I tend to buy my ammo from TargetSportsUSA. They don't have S&B in stock right now, but they do have Geco, which I've had very good luck with, for $349.80 per case with free shipping. I know, only ~$10 less than the deal you posted, so not that big of a difference. All in all both deals are good, but the Geco is pretty much always that price and they ship pretty quickly.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Looks like I will be set for the next 22lr ammo grab.
    Anyone familiar with that ammo? It's subsonic. They give a list of rifles they tested it in, but that doesn't mean much to me in terms of whether or not we should it expect it to work in a variety of 0.22 rifles. Any help?

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    Anyone familiar with that ammo? It's subsonic. They give a list of rifles they tested it in, but that doesn't mean much to me in terms of whether or not we should it expect it to work in a variety of 0.22 rifles. Any help?

No experience. Have to decide if your willing to take the risk.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    This is quickly becoming my go-to online ammo place. Sportsman's Guide has free shipping or order quantities of $49 or more. Use code SH1119. I can't speak for everyone, but for me, $49 in ammo is almost nothing.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    ZQI 5.56 SS109 still to be had at the Newburgh Walmart. $9.97 box of 30 rounds. Checked last week, about 20 boxes. Checked yesterday, must've been 30 boxes on the shelf. Checked again this afternoon, down to about 10 boxes after I bought 2 myself.

Last edited:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The Greenwood Walmart seems to always have a few boxes of the Federal Aluminum case .45 that I like. At $15/box of 50 it's pretty inexpensive. It's not dirty like Tula or other aluminum/steel cased ammo I've tried. My 1911's like it just fine. Great for range trips when I don't want to spend time policing up my brass.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom