GenPol: Part VI----- Something Something Brandon?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    To me one of the greatest security features of an election, is not knowing how many votes there are or were until it is over.

Again, technology is destroying integrity. In democrat areas the government elections officials gave voter lists, updated regularly as to who still had not voted, to ground troops to go get those votes. (This is part of where Zuuckerbucks went.) This activity was not physically possible 20 years ago but computerized voter rolls make it so. But even if they cheat, not knowing how much to cheat makes cheating more dangerous…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The security of in person voting is more valuable than convenience for some…
    That should be the general rule sought. Not that elections have to be done nationwide on exactly the same day. I’d still want the concept of mailing in absentee ballots for American citizens abroad. Or for shut-ins who can’t go stand in line.

And on that note I think any election reform legislation should tighten laws around those who help elderly people vote. There were a lot of reports of nursing home personnel filling out mail in ballots for the elderly. There’s a high chance for fraud there, and, I’m not sure what the answer is, but that needs to be stopped.

And I think voter fraud is one of the worst crimes one could commit against his city, state, or country, and penalties should reflect that.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    How does election day improve security? At that point you are just trying to make it less convenient.
    Already explained, it is far more difficult to cheat the unknown. We all go vote on a set day and the results of that day a tabulated for all states, just as the founders intended…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Same day registration is way more fraud friendly than early in-person voting. But anyway I don’t think that is in the jurisdiction of the federal government to regulate other than that a state follows it’s election laws and are fairly applied, etcetera.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    commie_joe_desk_set-a-2249144.jpg

• Haha
    Reactions: KLB

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    To me one of the greatest security features of an election, is not knowing how many votes there are or were until it is over.

Again, technology is destroying integrity. In democrat areas the government elections officials gave voter lists, updated regularly as to who still had not voted, to ground troops to go get those votes. (This is part of where Zuuckerbucks went.) This activity was not physically possible 20 years ago but computerized voter rolls make it so. But even if they cheat, not knowing how much to cheat makes cheating more dangerous…

Election officials should not be able to disclose who has or has not voted. This has nothing to do with early voting. If technology could solve that problem domain to a scale of weeks it could solve it to a scale of hours. Let’s fix election officials disclosing that information.

Votes shouldn’t be counted until the election has closed. And no information should be disclosed about voter rolls until after the election. Even aggregate information. And I wouldn’t mind if voter rolls weren’t public information.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville

Well, the GOP needs to to the same. Buy the data, and analyze it.

I’d be for making Election Day a national holiday, with essential workers voting the day before maybe.

The important part is having a goal.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

I’d be for making Election Day a national holiday, with essential workers voting the day before maybe.

You have a suggestion for a billionaire to fund it to the tune of $450 million?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

You are for forcefully closing all businesses? There are a lot that do not close for holidays that would not fall under the definition of essential.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    How does what I said have anything to do with not having diverse voting locations? Little ole Porter County had multiple early voting locations, and the normal locations on election day.

Indiana actually gives almost a month of early voting. That should eliminate the vast majority of mail in absentee ballots.

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    How does what I said have anything to do with not having diverse voting locations? Little ole Porter County had multiple early voting locations, and the normal locations on election day.

Indiana actually gives almost a month of early voting. That should eliminate the vast majority of mail in absentee ballots.

I took those comments as a consensus that there was security in a limitation of polling places and extended voting dates.

If that was not the case, I am mistaken.

Either way, I don't understand. :dunno:

Top Bottom