• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    I'm on the hunt for a Glock 26. Though I'm wondering, what's the difference? The Glock 26 I rented was the Gen. 3. I'm unsure of which Gen. to get?

Any help here?

Thanks, Gulley

Last edited:

PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    Gen 3 introduced finger grooves and accessory rail. Gen 4 introduced new recoil spring assembly and replaceable backstraps.

Last edited:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The Gen 4 offers a reversable mag release which can be handy if you are a lefty. The mag release is also a bit bigger on the Gen 4 model. The Gen 4 also offers different backstraps that you can change.

The grip texture is also different on the Gen 4.
    If you can find a Gen 4 handle them both and go with what feels best to you. I personally do not like the Gen 4, but everyone is different so go with what you like.

If you keep the mag release on the original side you can use any generation magazine, but if you switch it to the other side you will need the Gen 4 mags.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I heard the Glock Gen. 4 has a heavier trigger pull? Is this true?

Trigger pull isn't a problem on either and my choice would be Gen 3 (unless you are left handed) because as the earlier poster said, it's not broke so why fix it.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member.. GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Gen 3 for sure. Glock is still trying to fix the Gen 4, which is kinda funny since the Gen 3 didn't need fixed in the first place

JGulley317

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Marion Co.
    I asked the same question on another forum I frequent. All together the the answers are mixed. Though it seems most folks lean towards the Gen. 4. I'll go by a shop one of these days and give both a feel. Though being the Gen. 3 is the only one I've shot. I'd be very disappointed if I wasn't happy with the Gen. 4. Knowing the Gen. 3 works for me, is what I lean towards. Correct me if I'm wrong because I don't have much experience with handguns, but IMO. The grip of the gun is different in your hands tell you go on range to shoot. I'd hate to make that $500 mistake...

IndyUSMC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Noblesville
    Very happy with my Gen 4 Glock 23. Had it for a few months now with about 400 rounds through it so far.

Only problem I have had was the slide failed to lock back twice, but I am pretty sure it was due to my grip. I have not seen it since.

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    Let me ask you this, what is pushing you toward a gen 4? Is it because it's the latest and greatest, or maybe you think it will be worth a little more down the road. If you like the gen 3 just get it, they don't get any better. If it feels good to you it is the best one.

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    Most of the problems with the Gen4 extraction did not apply to the little subcompacts in the first place. Anyway, they've been resolved. Feel free to buy whichever feels better without reliability concerns.

Last edited:

ike1018

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    My preference is the Gen 3, have both a 19 and 26. The one thing I do like about the gen 4 is the enlarged mag release. I wasn't a fan of the new texture on the grip though. Recommend handling them both and get what's best for you.

Top Bottom