• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Swom

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 16, 2016
    East Indy
    Update on the BTF w/ the G17. The Glock regional rep or regional armorer or something like that was at the Jenkins Glock days event. There was also a lady that was helping him with the rush of night site installs and such that I think she said she worked at the IMPD Range (or armory?). The Glock rep took the 17 apart and both him and the IMPD lady were like wow, that part is still original, wow you don't see those anymore, man this thing must of never been fired....over and over as he ripped it completely apart. He cleaned everything and replaced just the original RSA spring with an updated one (gave me the original one back too). Then both of them reviewed my grip on the gun and gave me some pointers, err more corrections as it was kinda messed up.

Finally made it back to Highsmiths later in the afternoon and fired around 200 rds. The BTF was much better and I say when I consciously really corrected my grip as instructed by both of them there were zero BTFs.

So I still have some personal development to do to make sure it's not me, but definitely seems like the potential underlying hardware problem was addressed by the new spring and thorough cleaning today.

Thanks all for the help on this one, really appreciate it.

Top Bottom