• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Just watched a bit of German(Berlin) news. Prices there are 19.98 per liter for diesel(almost 48% of German cars are diesel https://www.statista.com/statistics/425113/eu-car-sales-share-of-diesel-engines-by-country/ ) or around 88 USD per gallon.

Can you even imagine those kind of prices? I think we all know this government is wrecking things here,but Europe is doing it much faster.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Just watched a bit of German(Berlin) news. Prices there are 19.98 per liter for diesel(almost 48% of German cars are diesel https://www.statista.com/statistics/425113/eu-car-sales-share-of-diesel-engines-by-country/ ) or around 88 USD per gallon.

Can you even imagine those kind of prices? I think we all know this government is wrecking things here,but Europe is doing it much faster.
    There is absolutely no reason for it here. All that needs to be done is put Trumps policies back in play.

Western governments are actively trying to destroy their countries on purpose, or the leadership of western countries are fools.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Vis a vis the leadership in Europe, I can't help remember the part in Bemenov's interview where he says the useful idiots think they'll be the ones wielding the power in the new government but that they are always killed instead

Why do they never learn?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

The last paragraph, buried at the page bottom:

...We should remember that lease auctions are only the first steps in the process. Next comes permits and mountains of paperwork and red tape. And, oil and gas drillers have to decide if it is prudent to pursue drilling during the Biden administration, given its hostile attitude to fossil fuels. ...

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    The last paragraph, buried at the page bottom:

...We should remember that lease auctions are only the first steps in the process. Next comes permits and mountains of paperwork and red tape. And, oil and gas drillers have to decide if it is prudent to pursue drilling during the Biden administration, given its hostile attitude to fossil fuels. ...
    Kind of like getting a carry permit in NYC. Everyone has a right to carry a gun. Please fill out this application and we will decide if you are worthy of this right.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

In case nobody's bothering to hit that link, Germany does indeed have among the highest prices for diesel in the world: $9.578 US per US gallon as of March 14th. Not $88.
    Take it you did not watch the Berlin news station for a bit over one minute....why Because it shows the lines in Berlin as shortages are already happening,and the 19.98 per liter clearly displayed on signs and at pumps. That is right at $88 per gallon in USD terms.
    In the video they show two different stations charging that IN BERLIN(likely because they still had fuel and km long lines for diesel). I did not say all of Germany by the way. The lines for diesel where hitting over 7km and many stations in the city simply do not have any diesel and are unsure when they will get more,though the government said it was speeding delivery from else where in the country(per the broadcast around 10am Berlin time).

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Take it you did not watch the Berlin news station for a bit over one minute....why Because it shows the lines in Berlin as shortages are already happening,and the 19.98 per liter clearly displayed on signs and at pumps. That is right at $88 per gallon in USD terms.
    In the video they show two different stations charging that IN BERLIN(likely because they still had fuel and km long lines for diesel). I did not say all of Germany by the way. The lines for diesel where hitting over 7km and many stations in the city simply do not have any diesel and are unsure when they will get more,though the government said it was speeding delivery from else where in the country(per the broadcast around 10am Berlin time).
    Sorry. I watched as much of the German newscast you linked as I could, but couldn't see any story about diesel. Can you please give me an approximate timestamp at which that story starts?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    View attachment 187655

Got some gas
    Left a sticker

Stopped by a station today...another purchase, another sticker.

Funny thing....I've noticed many pumps have remains of stickers removed...maybe station owners would save time and effort by simply leaving one on instead of removing them regularly....LOL!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Sorry. I watched as much of the German newscast you linked as I could, but couldn't see any story about diesel. Can you please give me an approximate timestamp at which that story starts?
    Sure.You can start at 5:04 in,but I did a screen capture for you to save a bit of time,and yes you can see the long lines for fuel as well.

Attachments

• diesel.png
      diesel.png
      2.3 MB · Views: 25

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Sure.You can start at 5:04 in,but I did a screen capture for you to save a bit of time,and yes you can see the long lines for fuel as well.
    Thanks, smokingman. I definitely missed that story, and my German isn't what it used to he. But wow, those prices only merit a 30 second spot, 5 minutes into the newscast? I know that Germans have a reputation for being stoic, but man...

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Thanks, smokingman. I definitely missed that story, and my German isn't what it used to he. But wow, those prices only merit a 30 second spot, 5 minutes into the newscast? I know that Germans have a reputation for being stoic, but man...
    Quite a few Germans blame the USA to be honest. They did not want to even be involved in Ukraine in 2014,and certainly not now. For example restricting Russia from SWIFT is something they where against for about 3 days(publicly,diplomatically,and loudly) into the invasion,but they did give into US pressure eventually(and we increased our troops in Europe to well over 100k). The fact they had to give into the USA(leadership,not the average German) and agree to go along with sanctions is not lost on them and they know fuel prices is a direct result. If they had a longer story you likely would have heard some German's say FK Ukraine,FK the USA lol(Brandon making friends all over the world for US).

Last edited:

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Quite a few Germans blame the USA to be honest. They did not want to even be involved in Ukraine in 2014,and certainly not now. For example restricting Russia from SWIFT is something they where against for about 3 days(publicly,diplomatically,and loudly) into the invasion,but they did give into US pressure eventually(and we increased our troops in Europe to well over 100k). The fact they had to give into the USA(leadership,not the average German) and agree to go along with sanctions is not lost on them and they know fuel prices is a direct result. If they had a longer story you likely would have heard some German's say FK Ukraine,FK the USA lol(Brandon making friends all over the world for US).
    But I still can't find any stories about this. Surely a 10-fold increase in fuel prices would be all over the interwebs, doncha think? I have to do more looking.

Top Bottom