• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    I have half a dozen hospital grade airborne isolation masks in my bag and decent goggles. Not great for an extended survival situation, but fine for getting out of an immediate area threat.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I have half a dozen hospital grade airborne isolation masks in my bag and decent goggles. Not great for an extended survival situation, but fine for getting out of an immediate area threat.
    Ever heard of VX nerve gas? Will go right through. Anyone ever read ''War of nerves." Its a book about chemical warfare.

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    Ever heard of VX nerve gas? Will go right through. Anyone ever read ''War of nerves." Its a book about chemical warfare.

Not familiar with the book, but I keep my current stock more for smoke/ noxious accidental chemical spills than for full-on chemical or biological warfare since I feel that I'm far more likely to have to deal with that "on the fly" than an imminent attack.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Chem spills are likely where I live. I live near one of those places where they transport uranium fuel rods

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Chem spills are likely where I live. I live near one of those places where they transport uranium fuel rods

How is it your aware of the rod depot? If the rods are new they aren't that hot. Used rods are hot but transported in special containment units, the gubermant tracks them..

Chemicals and other nasty items are always moving around, heck even a cylinder of chlorine release from your local water treatment facility can cause a 5 square mile evac..

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    How is it your aware of the rod depot? If the rods are new they aren't that hot. Used rods are hot but transported in special containment units, the gubermant tracks them..

Chemicals and other nasty items are always moving around, heck even a cylinder of chlorine release from your local water treatment facility can cause a 5 square mile evac..
    There is a road where they transport them near my location. I have no idea where the depot is.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    OK let me put it a different way, how do you know that there are rods being transported? Just curious if your actually correctly informed or just winging it..
    I was told by my dad. I'll ask him how he knows. I don't know when or where they are transported

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    My point is actually that most of the time if you don't know what your looking at when you see a transport marked radioactive. It could simply be chemo drugs, waste, old xray machine tubes, etc.

From what I know, rods are hauled many times by rail in hardened cars which can take a direct missle hit. They are tracked via RFD tags in each container and tracked by satellite 24/7.

Check out this.. How to Comply with Federal HM Regulations - Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration

I agree though, if you can take measures to protect yourself from any sort of threat you should. Training and preparation will assit..

Top Bottom