• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lep36

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    North side
    Lately GM gun prices have been close to LGSs, but 6 months ago, they were very high.
    Their JHP ammo is crazy high...
    The greenwood store had 9mm Blazer brass, 350 round box for $99.00 today that was a find. Limit 1 box though.

Checkfoo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Im glad I stumbled on this thread. 3 Thursdays ago my wife and I got there about 45mins before they opened the doors, we each picked up a 1600 rd cci minimag ammo can. This was our first ammo purchase, I gave my son a 22 rifle for his birthday and I recently acquired a GSG 1911 .22, our first firearms. I was planning on going around 8am next thursday to pick up some more since we are almost through the first can. I imagine we will slow down shooting once the newness wears off (yeah right lol). I will have to call and confirm that the Ft Wayne store is doing the same. Or can someone confirm that the FT Wayne GM is putting out the new shipment Friday mornings instead of Thursdays?

No plans for Friday restocking.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I took the day off to have a Man day with a buddy making the rounds of the LGS we both like to frequent. Made a few stops, looked at some things and I found my next purchase. We went by a wal-mart in Brownsburg as he received a call from a buddy that they had ammo. Left with 9mm (last 2 50 rd. boxes) for my buddy.
    He then said we need to get to Gander Mountain south as they had an Optic on sale he wanted so we rolled that way. Much as I dislike the GM stores they had 9mm on the shelf in 350 rd. packs for $99 in PMC brand. Spendy, yes. In hand, yes. I do not shoot 9mm but my sister and ingo member GEM does. I snatched up 2 packs and called sis. I am a hero.
    As to the reason for our trip, they never had either of the items we went for and were rudely directed to Castleton store. Pass.

They also had .22 on the shelf. Not much but some.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I took the day off to have a Man day with a buddy making the rounds of the LGS we both like to frequent. Made a few stops, looked at some things and I found my next purchase. We went by a wal-mart in Brownsburg as he received a call from a buddy that they had ammo. Left with 9mm (last 2 50 rd. boxes) for my buddy.
    He then said we need to get to Gander Mountain south as they had an Optic on sale he wanted so we rolled that way. Much as I dislike the GM stores they had 9mm on the shelf in 350 rd. packs for $99 in PMC brand. Spendy, yes. In hand, yes. I do not shoot 9mm but my sister and ingo member GEM does. I snatched up 2 packs and called sis. I am a hero.
    As to the reason for our trip, they never had either of the items we went for and were rudely directed to Castleton store. Pass.

They also had .22 on the shelf. Not much but some.

Man, working 6-6 sure puts a cramp on getting in on the buys. I have a nice new 9mm in my safe and no ammo!:(

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Man, working 6-6 sure puts a cramp on getting in on the buys. I have a nice new 9mm in my safe and no ammo!:(

Yes it does. We were just lucky enough to get what we did.
    There was still some 9mm on the shelf when we left. I would have bought more but Sis put the 2 box limit on me. I do not want to be accused of hording or anything.......:D

jlwest1213

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    SE Indiana
    That's interesting, haven't been to a GM like that. It's a little ways from you, but the Greenwood store I had a great experience at. Ed was a super nice and informative guy

FWIW I was told by a GM sales person that certain stores are designated "Gun World" stores. Supposedly they are more competitive and put more emphasis on service in the firearms section. Our store does the Take a Number deal but I think it's good. You can walk around and look at other things and they call your number when it's up. Plus, this prevents people from posturing and slipping in front of a sales associate while you were looking through the glass at a gun.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yes it does. We were just lucky enough to get what we did.
    There was still some 9mm on the shelf when we left. I would have bought more but Sis put the 2 box limit on me. I do not want to be accused of hording or anything.......:D

I'll pop in tomorrow. Maybe they will have something left.:) Sshh. Don't tell anyone!

iam1096

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I got yesterday at GM in Ohio an FNX-45 for $649.99 plus tax NIB. They also had the FNX-9 For $599.99. I wanted both but bought the 45. Always looked at them but the cheapest I ever saw them for was $700.00. They do have some good deals.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Lately GM gun prices have been close to LGSs, but 6 months ago, they were very high.
    Their JHP ammo is crazy high...
    The greenwood store had 9mm Blazer brass, 350 round box for $99.00 today that was a find. Limit 1 box though.

Not so. I was checked out with 2 of them. Manager standing right there.

IfUDare01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Fishers
    GM has been put in a tough spot to satisfy it's customers. They have black Friday every Friday. Imagine that pressure. Then you have shady people that are trying to buy double the ammunition that they should. The store manager did a good job handing out tickets for. 223 ammunition and AR guns. The rest was a free for all and sucked. I plan to go back next Friday. I advise you to not come unless you really need the guns or ammunition.

Top Bottom