• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Too much craziness. Just shows the game is all rigged. Robinhood ceased trading of gme stock.

Robinhood is on the receiving end of a class action lawsuit:https://pacer.login.uscourts.gov/cs...tps://ecf.nysd.uscourts.gov/doc1/127128425123

Es1Y6oXW8AAIsuj

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't pretend to fully understand what's going on here. But aren't the billionaire hedge fund dudes who are short selling 140% of the available stock the ones engaging in a childish game?
    No. That’s an adult game. I can’t say I don’t enjoy seeing them lose their asses for engaging in institutionalized market manipulation. I enjoy it quite a lot. But, these children are playing with the adults, the people who own the politicians, the people who influence the people who have state power. Nothing good will come long term.

Also, they play golf together with other rich people. They sail on each other’s yachts. They scratch each other’s backs. Trading platforms are restricting trade. And now TPTB are invoking the “hate speech” thing on them and getting them banned from social media. Of course, CNN is participating, saying they’re all Trumpers.

This is indeed a win for those who risked a lot and gained a LOT. Some of them have made a lot of money on this. Enough to substantially boost their retirement. I think it will be a long term loss for the little guy.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    No. That’s an adult game. I can’t say I don’t enjoy seeing them lose their asses for engaging in institutionalized market manipulation. I enjoy it quite a lot. But, these children are playing with the adults, the people who own the politicians, the people who influence the people who have state power. Nothing good will come long term.

Also, they play golf together with other rich people. They sail on each other’s yachts. They scratch each other’s backs. Trading platforms are restricting trade. And now TPTB are invoking the “hate speech” thing on them and getting them banned from social media. Of course, CNN is participating, saying they’re all Trumpers.

This is indeed a win for those who risked a lot and gained a LOT. Some of them have made a lot of money on this. Enough to substantially boost their retirement. I think it will be a long term loss for the little guy.
    Just enjoying watching people stick their thumb in global capital's eye. You're 100% right that retail is gunna be screwed here but it still feels good from the sidelines.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Which means everyone who bought it to drive it from $200 to $483 loses money if they sell today...and if they don't, they will lose even more. This artificial bubble, like every bubble will burst and there will be a lot of losers. It is a legal pyramid scheme. Some from the beginning will make money. Most will lose. The redditers (and everyone else) that got in on this late will be handing their money over to those that started this, only in a roundabout manner.
    It also appears to be a false (i.e. intentionally manipulated) crash, since retail buying of $GME has been suspended, but not selling.

IANAL, and especially not where finance laws are involved, but I cannot understand how such action can be legal. (I suppose that's why there is already a class action lawsuit filed against Robinhood.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

This is Wall Street vs Main Street - the real battle that the Trump administration waged on behalf of Main Street, and the real reason for the existence of #NeverTrump and GOPe opposition to Trump (they are beholden to the Chamber of Commerce and the entire, crony capitalism scheme).

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

:lol2:

If that is the case, I hope that CNN keeps pushing this line of attack. Reddit is the least welcoming place for Trump supporters, so if they start to understand what games the media have been playing we might start to get more people understanding the media's role these past 4 years.

With Discord now banning WSB for "hate speech", I hope they understand how that can be abused to silence people corporations disagree with.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    It also appears to be a false (i.e. intentionally manipulated) crash, since retail buying of $GME has been suspended, but not selling.

IANAL, and especially not where finance laws are involved, but I cannot understand how such action can be legal. (I suppose that's why there is already a class action lawsuit filed against Robinhood.
    This. The "bubble popping" is fake on artificially deflated volume. The funds still are 100% + open interest short.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    This is Wall Street vs Main Street - the real battle that the Trump administration waged on behalf of Main Street, and the real reason for the existence of #NeverTrump and GOPe opposition to Trump (they are beholden to the Chamber of Commerce and the entire, crony capitalism scheme).

Our entire government is in the pocket of so many others their constituents cannot find them to put a thumb on them...

erasure

komm süßer tod
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2020
    merrrerrrmrerrerverre
    I cannot understand how such action can be legal

I hope this helps

Oh yeah, expect some regulation to follow: https://thenationalpulse.com/news/yellen-made-millions-speaking-to-wall-street/

Joe Biden’s Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen has made over $7 million from speaking at Wall Street firms including Citadel – which has invested billions of dollars in the primary hedge fund now suffering as a result of the GameStop stock surge.

erasure

komm süßer tod
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2020
    merrrerrrmrerrerverre
    Oh, yes. I fully expect the Biden administration to help.
    Oh yeah it's going to be great.

“Is the White House concerned about the stock market activity we’re seeing around GameStop and now some other stocks as well?” one reporter asked Psaki. “Have there been any conversations with the SEC about how to proceed?”

“Well, I’m also happy to repeat that we have the first female Treasury secretary and a team that’s surrounding her and often questions about markets,” Psaki replied.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Seeing rumors on Twitter (unconfirmed) that some shorts doubled down on their positions prior to the buying ban being placed on retail.

this whole thing reeks of illegal naked short selling and collusion.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    A lot of redditors are going to lose their butts. Many of them putting their rent on credit cards to free up cash for investing. The early birds will win and all the bandwagon jumpers will eat it. It’s just a Ponzi scheme.

Also, aren’t there a lot of retirement accounts tied into these big hedge funds. I wonder how they’re being impacted?

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    The lawsuits are piling up against Robinhood.

Selling of clients stocks because of market instability....yea....this crap needs stopped.

erasure

komm süßer tod
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2020
    merrrerrrmrerrerverre
    The lawsuits are piling up against Robinhood.

Selling of clients stocks because of market instability....yea....this crap needs stopped.
    Both Robinhood and Melvin Capital Mgmt are owned by Citadel.

Someone at Citadel decided, it'll be cheaper to pay the SEC a fine than let the market run out of their control.

Top Bottom