Funny Political Picture Thread Part VI***Yeah it got worse.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    There is nothing more "permanent" than "temporary".

In Boot Camp I was initially housed in "temporary" barracks, erected for overflow in WWII.
    I was in WWII era open bay barracks during my AFROTC officer training at Lackland AFB in summer of 1979. Red Flag summer (and a hurricane) in Texas, and I was in a barracks with no air conditioning. I mean, I joined the Air Force for cryin' out loud, WTF no a/c? Amazingly I survived. :)

ETA: I drove around Lackland a few years ago, and they still had one of those barracks buildings standing. Just one.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was in WWII era open bay barracks during my AFROTC officer training at Lackland AFB in summer of 1979. Red Flag summer (and a hurricane) in Texas, and I was in a barracks with no air conditioning. I mean, I joined the Air Force for cryin' out loud, WTF no a/c? Amazingly I survived. :)

ETA: I drove around Lackland a few years ago, and they still had one of those barracks buildings standing. Just one.
    AFRO Training Corps? Is that where you learned how to "pick out" your 'do? I mean, it was 1979... :stickpoke::):

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Ended up in Korea the winter of 1970/1971, not only did I get to see the quanset huts they put up in the war I lived in one. If you put a six pack of beer near the wall it would be good and cold in the morning. But, if you set it too close to the wall it would freeze solid overnight. Jim.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    How about all those basic training barracks at Ft Knox, were they built for WWII or later?
    WWII we stayed in them as a prep to moving to where we would do actual basic/AIT...and we had a guy wash out there; I think his mom had him enlist so she wouldn't have to deal with the medical bills and general insanity.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    How about all those basic training barracks at Ft Knox, were they built for WWII or later?
    They were for WWII. They kept troops in one of them back in 2005 waiting for appointments with a doctor for various medical conditions. UPI found out about it and they relocated the troops and the very next week the building fell down. No lie...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom