• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GJ1981

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    This show is coming up this weekend so I figured it was an excuse to get away for the day. I haven't been to this show in a few years but remember it was good then. Has anyone been to this particular show lately? Is it anything like it use to be?

Lt. Commander

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Ft. Wayne * Aboite
    I agree, a waste of time and money. Same junk every time, prices rarely good over local shops or the net. I will be working the r/c show next door so I might sneak in for a check since I can get in for free...

Scott

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I have not been to the Ft Wayne gun show in 10+ years and would have liked to attend this weekend just to check it out again. I know a couple dealers that are going, but I have no clue how big or small this show is currently.

I think the big advantage of the gun shows, especially for people like me who hunt for obscure brands, is that sometimes the only place to find guns like Detonics, or to find a good selection of CZ pistols, or even a good selection of Mosin rifles is at gun shows. So if you simply want to buy a box stock Glock then a gun show may not be the best place to get your deal, but if you want to search for other desirable brands or look for obscure guns then gun shows are often a good bet.

Charles Church

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Andrews, IN
    I have been going for the past 3 years, and its gone down hill. The ONLY reason I go anymore is to buy ammo! I'll do my usual walk around and drool over the things i'll never be able to afford, but again, it's gone down hill, and the only reason i go is to stock up on .45 ACP and 7.62x39! I might be there tomorrow or sunday(depends on what i do tomorrow). If anyone else is going, let me know, maybe we can meet up or something!

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    Its pretty much not worth going. Very few dealers, and no big dealers like Midwest. Ammo has been vary scarce and over priced. I went to the one before Christmas last year, and it was a joke. The only decent things are usually from attendees walking around with guns. I've seen the dealers with tables buy a gun for a decent price, and then mark it up so high you could buy a new one for cheaper.

Come to INGO day Saturday at 21st Century. I can almost guarantee better prices and more selection.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    From the early 80s through the mid 90s I went to every gun show at the Memorial Coliseum expo hall. Last year I went to one and the hall was only half occupied. Nothing like the years past. No new guns or reloading supplies, just junk (a few nice knives though). Now I shop on line or buy from local gun shops.

Steven

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2008
    Whitley County
    I was there today 9 to5, large crowd , just so-so deals , but lots of buying , very little ammo for sale, lots of black rifles and new guns for sale.

MidWest did make it for a change to give ZX a run for the money, looked like both were buried under a crowd all day.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    We stopped in after the INGO event in Bluffton. I bought a NIB 870 Express Magnum 12 Gauge, all black, sling rifled barrel. Plan on getting a short smoothbore, maybe a mag extender. Fix it up for a home defense gun. Like said above, pretty good crowd. I thought there were more non gun tables than gun tables. Lots of odds and ends which entertains the wife more than me, but whayagonnado?

AKs were mid 600's and up. ARs... I think the cheapest I saw was 899.

By the way, I was proudly displaying the new INGO hat that I picked up at Britton's.

GJ1981

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    It wasn't as bad as the recent shows I've went to. The crowds were large but there was plenty of room to maneuver. I picked up a nice 2nd Gen Glock 22 for cheap, I saw as few nice deals if only I had more money.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I went yesterday and was quite surprised to see a very large turnout, especially considering Louisville.

Selection was mostly what it has been, but considering the upturn in crowd size it might be worthwhile to attend the next couple of shows as dealers may be drawn to the larger crowds.

Regards,

Doug

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Syracuse, In
    I went to the last 2 Midwest and ZXGuns are the 2 main dealers with a significant selection.

Always seems to be some interesting things saw a coupls nice .45 Thompsons. I regret hesitating on one 1 of them. Shoulda bought it

What else are you going to do on a winter day sit in front of the tube and watch the President give your money to some overspending fool?

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    speaking of the Thompsons, did you see that beautiful one under glass. The Vietnam commemorative. That thing would be fantastic, but I am still in that stage where I want to shoot guns that I buy.

Nathan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Wabash, Indiana
    i went, but just for the auto swap meet. found a nice roll pan for my S-10 for 10 bucks! didn't even waste my time going to the gun show. now i'm glad i didn't

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Syracuse, In
    Just curious but what was the price on that gun. I have one in my collection and am curious if that model has held its value.

The commemorative was marked $20,000

There is one in the case at H&H for 35,000

There was another guy that had one marked 1,295.00

I dont follow them perhaps you can enlightne me what to look for in the future?

I ASSume the lesser expensive one is semi auto? What other difference / features should a buyer be aware of?

Top Bottom